Chapter 59.

I sat up in bed at nearly six in the morning, just staring at the alarm clock and chewing on my bottom lip. I didn't even realise I was bleeding until I snapped out of my thoughts and tasted the metalic taste in my mouth.

I reached for a tissue and froze to see John watching me. Without a word, he sat up and took my face into his hands, kissing me. I ignored the stinging my bottom lip suffered as our mouths moved together.

I pulled away slowly and wiped his lips from where the small amount of blood smeared. He stroked the side of my face, watching me.

"Do you think I'm going crazy?" I whispered.

"Of course not Lucy. You're my wife. I love you. You're just 'avin a few nightmares. That's all it is."

"But why are they all the same? First it was Andrew, then it was Stuart and now... you."

He sighed. "It's just a dream Lucy. What d'you think these things actually mean something??"

"I don't know. Maybe they do. I mean for them to be so similar and specific. Every time John....I feared for my life. I thought I was going to die."

"Lucy come on..."

"It's true John! What am I supposed to do?? Just dismiss this as if it never happened??"

He looked at me and shook his head, mumbling something under his breath.

"What did you say?" I asked. He turned to me.

"I said maybe you are crazy!"

I stayed silent and pouted. He reached over and grabbed my hand.

"I didn't mean that."

I scoffed and shook my head. "No. You never mean anything."

I pulled my hand away from his, got out of bed and stormed out of the room. I slammed the door and stopped to see George walk out of his room.

"George I...I'm sorry if I awoke you."

"Oh..nah I always get up early. It's become a bit of a habit. Plus, Paul snores." He smiled. I gave a small laugh. He walked over to me. "Are you alright? Ye look flustered."

I sighed and shrugged. "Not really. Me and John we.." I laughed to myself and shook my head. "You must be used to this already. Years of seeing me and John in this same predicament."

"It's never nice to see it 'appen again over ten years later. Does this 'ave anything to do with what happened last night?"

I nodded and covered my face with my hands, beginning to cry. He quickly came over and wrapped me in his arms. I hugged him tight.

"Come on, let me make ye some tea yeah?" He whispered. I nodded and was led by the hand into the kitchen.

..

I told him everything. My dreams. Me and John trying for a baby. Our arguement this morning. Just the whole fuckin thing. He listened and watched me as I stuttered over my words. After an hour of talking and getting even more flustered, I stopped. He just scooted closer to me and hugged me tight. And to be honest, that's all I needed. Was to be held. I enjoyed his scent. His warmth. My George.

It was in this moment, John stormed into the room, holding my journal and the letter Andrew left me about the house in Liverpool. I froze and looked down as he slammed it on the table.

"What's this!?" He yelled. I bit my lip.

"John...now isn't the time...." George began.

"Fuck off George! Your 'ere for Paul! Not for Lucy! This is between me and my wife!"