Chapter 55.

"John stop!" I laughed as he spun me around over his shoulder.

We were in the park, on our way to get the boys some hot chocolate. Julian sitting on a bench, playing his guitar while Max and Sean threw snowballs at each other.

John set me down and smacked my butt. I held his hand as we walked together. People looking at us like we were off our heads. But we didn't care. It was just us in the world. Us and the boys. And that's all that mattered.

..

Six days later

New Years Eve

"Mommy I want to go with daddy." Maxwell said clinging onto John's leg.

It was the first time he ever called John daddy. It was adorable I had to admit. Me and John never spoke about this. I always made sure to remind Max that his real father was gone now. But the more John spent time with Maxwell, it was understandable to see why he would start calling John his daddy.

John picked him up, carrying him in one arm. "Of course you can come with me lad. On with ye quest!" He said in a deep voice. Maxwell giggling as I laughed.

"Just be back in an hour alright?? Don't forget the milk on the way back." I said, biting into a cookie.

"Pushy birds. Come on Max."

I made a face and watched as they left on their way. Julian was in the living room, strumming his guitar while Sean helped me with the 'Happy New Year' banner. We set some streamers and decorated the place nicely. By the time John and Max came back with the food, we were tired.

John set the food on the coffee table as everyone grabbed what they ordered. We turned on the tv and sat around, waiting for midnight. I snuggled in John's arms as we curled up on the sofa, Sean and Max playing with toys and goofing around, Julian on the other sofa, falling asleep.

Everyone counting down on tv. Ten...nine..eight..seven..six..five..four...three..two..one..

Me and John kissed right on midnight. The boys disgusted and piling on top of us for hugs. We laughed and sent them away to Jules, who was startled by their attacks.

"Happy New Year Lucy." John played with my hair. I smiled.

"Happy New Year John."

"A new decade. Christ...this year will be one we'll never forget. I was waiting for this but....I've decided."

I sat up. "Yeah?"

"I want to work again. Make music. I thought about what you said a few months ago. You're right. The boys can come into the studio and learn a few things. See what I do. You can be there by my side. We can show the world how happy we are. Maybe then, people will accept our love for what it is. Even if they don't....fuck em."

I giggled and gave him a small kiss. "I'm proud of you John. I'll always be there for you. I love you so much."

"I love you too." He arms wrapped his arms around me as I leaned my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat.

..

January 28, 1980

I grabbed the cigarettes off the nightstand and pulled one out of the pack. Grabbing the lighter and lighting it to inhale. I put the record on and smiled, slowly swaying my hips back and forth. I giggled when I felt arms wrap around my waist slowly. I leaned my head back on his chest, handing him my cig.

"Recognize this sexy voice?"

He chuckled and took a drag from the cigarette. "I think I do. What was his name again? Of yes. Lennon of some sort?"

I smiled and placed my hand over his as he moved to the music with me, singing along.

"I don't want you,

But I need you,

Don't want to kiss you,

But I need you,

Oh, oh, oh,

You do me wrong now,

My love is strong now,

You've really got a hold on me,

You've really got a hold on me.....mmmmm"

I turned around, interrupting him with a kiss. His tongue lightly brushing with mine as he picked me up, setting me on the dresser. We pulled apart and without a word, I hurriedly began unbuttoning his jeans and with one swift move, I unzipped and let them fall around his ankles. He pulled my underwear down positioned himself, thrusting into me eagerly.

I arched my back and opened my legs wider, allowing him to get in deeper. I shut my eyes and leaned my head back as we had sex on the wobbly dresser. We were panting and moaning heavily by the time we came. He slowed down until stopping, bringing me into another kiss and pulled back slowly.

"I can do this all day and I'll never get tired of you."

I giggled and pecked his lips once more. "Did you ever think twenty-three years ago that we'd be here, in New York, married with three lovely boys? No more drama. Just everything alright."

He looked into my eyes. "I was always sure of one thing. You'd always be in my life. And ye are. I'm happy. You're happy. I promise I won't fuck things up anymore. Were right where we need to be. Let's have a baby."

I raised my eyebrows. "You want to??"

"Of course. Make things even more official. Make a baby and add another little one to the bills."

I laughed and bit my lip. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." He smiled. "Let's start now!" He yelled, picking me up and throwing me on the bed. I giggled as he pounced on top of me, kissing me like crazy.

..

Me and John woke up sleepily to the sound of knocking at the front door. The clock reading three twenty-five.

"You get it." John mumbled. I shook him.

"Come on babe you go."

"My body's sore. I can't." He looked at me and smirked. I laughed and shook my head.

"Fine." I got out of bed and put my robe on, making my way to the front door. I yawned and opened it. My eyes widened to see a familiar face. Suitcases in hand.

"Hiya Luce! I hope you 'ave room for an old friend for a little while."

.......