Chapter 68.

"Morning my love." John hugged me from behind and kissed the back of my neck. I smiled and flipped the omelet I was making.

"Good morning babe. Sleep well?"

He smirked and squeezed my bottom. I turned around and kissed him, moving my hand to the front of his pants. He hummed and nibbled on my bottom lip.

"Naughty naughty hmm?"

I giggled and shoved him away. "Not in front of the little ones."

We turned to see Max and Sean dressed in their best fashion. Long band t-shirts and dark blue jeans. I kneeled down and kissed both of them.

"My two little princes. Go get your things alright?"

They kissed my cheek and ran off. I stood up and fixed my dress, pulling the straps up over my shoulders. John just pulled them down and kissed my exposed flesh. I smiled and patted the top of his head.

"Easy Lennon. First, we take the boys to school, come back here and then we can be naughty."

"Let's take em early huh?"

I laughed and pushed him away. "Patience babe."

"Mommy I want to go now!" Max yelled from the other room.

"A month ago he was nervous as hell and begging me to stay. Now he's begging me to run off and leave." I pouted. John held me and kissed along my neck.

"It's all part of growing up. The little ones need to leave the nest now and then."

"But there are evil people out there." I sulked.

"Come now love. Ye can't smother him or he won't learn for himself. He seems to love school. Making friends, painting, running around..."

"Soon he'll be bringing home a girlfriend and expecting me to approve." I crossed my arms. He laughed and looked at me.

"Oh sure. Maybe next week he'll be bringing home a cute little bird. They'll be colouring and painting together. Sharing their snacks and do I dare say, napping together??"

I glared at him. "My baby isn't napping with anyone but me."

"Mommy can I have another kiss?" Max ran into the room. His mouth covered in chocolate. I leaned over and gave him another kiss. Licking the sweetness off his lips.

"Ye spoil that lad too much." John chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him.

..

I dropped Max off at school as John dropped Sean off at Yoko's. We met at Central park and decided to have a small walk together.

"Lucy?"

"Hmm?"

"I have something for you."

We stopped in our tracks and sat on a bench. I watched as he pulled an envelope out of his coat. He handed it to me. I looked at him.

"What's this?"

"Open it."

I looked down and looked inside. I pulled out the tickets and read. Plane tickets. For England. Liverpool.

"John...these are..."

"I told you I wanted to move as soon as the baby is born. I want to make sure were ready. I needed to make sure it's official. We both need this."

I felt my eyes tear up as I hugged him. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you so much Lucy. We'll finally be able to raise our family together. Just us. Who knows, maybe Paul, George or Rich can come over to babysit while we go out." He smiled.

"This is perfect John. This really shows me how serious you are about our future. I love you." I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. We pulled away to see a photographer taking our picture.

..

Two weeks Later

October 9, 1980

"Remember to behave for the sitter alright you two?" I pointed. Sean and Max nodded, munching on their cupcakes. I smiled and kissed both of them. "Happy Birthday baby." I hugged Sean. He hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"Lucy we 'ave to go now. Our reservation is in fifteen minutes." John looked at his watch. I ran over to him and fixed his tie. He smiled.

"Thanks love."

And with that, we were on our way to dinner.

..

Me and John spent the first half of our day celebrating Sean's birthday. He was excited to have cake, friends, and lots of presents.

Now that it was eight in the evening, John decided he wanted to have a little party of his own. He made a reservation at a small Italian restaurant, called a sitter and got us a hotel room.

When we arrived at the restaurant, we decided to sit outside and enjoy the cool air. The white lights above us gave for a mellow, romantic atmosphere.

"This is a really lovely place John." I set my purse in my lap. He reached over for my hand and held it tight.

"I want this night to be special. Not just for me. But for both of us." He smiled.

The waiter came over with a bottle of wine and filled our glasses. I took a small sip and was grateful when the bread basket came.

"From a sweaty room in Hamburg to sipping wine in New York. How the years have changed." I giggled.

"We had lots of wild times didn't we?" He smirked.

"I think wild is an understatement." I smiled.

He laughed and leaned over, giving me a kiss. We ordered our food and waited as the violinists came over to our table and began playing. It didn't take long until I realised the song. In My Life.

John took my hand and stood up, pulling me with him. I blushed and looked down at my feet. He nudged my chin up with his finger and looked into my eyes as we swayed to the music.

"I love you Lucy. I always have and always will. We've been through so much and...I honestly feel like I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I had lots of dark moments but....the thought of leaving this world without you and leaving you behind...I just couldn't bear the thought."

"That's all in the past baby. Here, together in this moment is where we were always meant to be. I won't let anyone hurt you." I rested my hand on the back of his neck. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. He held my face in his hands and kissed back.

We pulled away smiling like idiots as people cheered and whistled at us. I giggled and felt my face turn red as the song came to an end.

........