Chapter 33.

Julian sat in the backseat with a not so happy look on his face. I giggled as John talked about a random fan moment, Maxwell mumbling happily as he chewed on a stuffed animal.

"Whelp, this is me." John said as we pulled up to his apartment building. I could feel Julian's eyes burning a hole through John's head as I leaned over to give him a quick kiss.

"I'll come by if I can alright?" He said. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Bye John."

He gave me his famous cocky smile and got out of the vehicle. Julian leaned up front to sit in the passengers seat. I began the drive to get lunch, already knowing what was soon to come.

"So. How long have you and dad been on?"

I sighed and looked at him. "We just saw each other yesterday."

"Great. I came just in time to see the 'love' unfold. Lovely."

"Julian he's your father. You should be happy he wants to be in my life again. And in yours."

"Yeah well, not after he bloody chooses that asian witch..."

"Julian." I interrupted. He sighed and shook his head.

"I don't understand why you trust him. He's a bastard."

"Julian that's no way to speak about your father. He loves you. He raised you."

"He didn't raise me mum. Paul did. And you. I love dad yes but...he wasn't there for me."

"He wants to now. Look Julian, stop judging your father by his past mistakes. He's different now. Atleast stick it out...for me?" I pouted, looking at him. He rolled his eyes.

"I guess. Where's Andrew?"

"He's dealing with a few work issues right now. He'll be back soon." I said turning into a small diner. Julian smiled.

"Good. I was wondering if we can go down to the new record shop a few blocks from home??" He asked as I parked.

"Sure. After lunch..."

"No. I meant when Andrew gets back. I want to go with him."

I blinked and nodded. "Oh. Yeah of course." I smiled as I got out of the vehicle and watched him take Maxwell out of his car seat. We made our way inside, spending the rest of the afternoon eating our hearts out.

..

".....then you curve it like this."

"Like that??"

"No baby like this."

I sat behind Julian, my legs sprawled out on either side of him as I taught him how to paint. Something was telling me we'd been through this before.

"This is too hard. I dunno how ye can actually master it." He pouted. I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"You're doing just fine! You loved this when you were little. Where's my cutie who loved to be held and cuddled in my arms every time we had a chance??"

He blushed and shrugged. "I'm not complainin now am I?"

I giggled and squeezed him, kissing the back of his neck. "I love you Jules."

"I know mum."

It was six in the evening when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Julian yelled, jumping off the floor and running to the front door. He paused to see John.

"Heya love. May I come in?" John smiled, ruffling Julian's hair.

"I dunno. Can he mum?" Julian turned to me and rolled his eyes. I walked over to them and pulled Julian to the side.

"Of course he can. Come in John." I smiled.

"I'm off to check on Max." Julian said leaving the room. I sighed and pulled John inside by the hand. He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"You're here sooner than I thought. Not that I'm complaining." I smiled.

"I figured since Julian is here, we should spend the days together." He gave a hopeful smile. I leaned up, kissing the tip of his nose.

"You're a sweetheart John. Whelp, since you're here, you can help with dinner!" I clapped happily.

..

We all sat at the table, eating in silence and trying to ignore the tension coming from Julian. John tried to be nice many times but...Jules just wont budge. Maxwell giggled happily as I fed him.

"So, how's Cynthia?" John asked Julian.

"She's fine. Just fine." Jules shrugged.

"That's nice to hear. I havent spoken to her in quite some time."

"Why don't you give her a call then? Just to catch up?" I asked, trying to give another spoonful of food to a fussy Max.

"I suppose I can. I will." John smiled. He took the spoon out of my hand and easily fed Max.

"Thank you." I said leaning over and kissing John quickly. Julian tossed his fork on his plate.

"I'm off to the telly."

I watched as he walked out of the room.

"I don't think he wants to see me." John said looking a little hurt. I got out of my seat and sat in his lap.

"Julian just needs to get used to this."

"I see you have." He smirked, kissing my jawline. I giggled and stroked the side of his face.

"Have you?"

"Mhhmmm." He hummed, kissing me softly. I closed my eyes and kissed back. Moving my lips with his. His rough fingers making their way up my thighs as our kiss became more heated. Maxwell broke us up by throwing his bowl of food on the floor. We laughed and pulled away.

"Ewww baby you're all messy." I teased, poking Maxwell's tummy. He squeeked and wiggled around as I picked him up.

"Here, I'll take him." John said taking Max into his arms. I smiled.

"Okay. Thank you."

"No problem love."

He took Max to the bathroom to bathe, as I cleaned up the kitchen. Julian came in seconds later, rolling up his sleeves. He took the plates out of my hands to wash them. I just smiled and watched him fill the sink with hot water. Walking over to him, I kissed the top of his head.

"Thank you babe."

"Mhhm." He muttered. I made my way into the living room and was about to sit, when there was a knock on the door. I sighed and opened the door to see Andrew. Julian took one look and came running into the room to hug him.

"Hey! When did you get here?? I'm gone for a few days and you already have visitors??" Andrew laughed, closing the door behind himself. "Where's Max?"

I bit my lip and watched as John walked into the room with Maxwell in his arms. Andrew just looked at him. John watched as Julian stood next to Andrew. I stood in the middle, feeling all eyes suddenly turn on me.

.....