Chapter 72.

December 7, 1980

It was finally snowing again in New York. The skies were dark, the white dust covering everything in it's path...it was perfect weather to stay indoors and stay warm with the boys.

I sat on the living room floor putting together a puzzle with Max and Sean. William finally taking his afternoon nap. I laughed as the boys argued over a puzzle piece. John entered the front door, cursing to himself and grunting.

"Merry Christmas!" He yelled in a deep voice. The boys got up and ran to see John with a Christmas tree. It wasn't too big. Probably my height...which wasn't very tall.

"Merry Christmas to you too." I giggled. "What's the occasion?"

John gave me a sarcastic smile and placed the tree by the window. Max and Sean jumping up and down as I brought out some lights.

"Mommy can we decorate the tree!?" Max asked happily.

"Why don't we let the lads do it? We'll make it a tradition." John wrapped his arms behind me and whispered in my ear. "Besides, we can always fix it when the little ones are in bed."

I laughed, shoving him playfully. "You're so bad Lennon. Okay then. Go on."

The boys went crazy with the lights and ornaments while John warmed up with me on the sofa. I brushed the light dust of snow out of his hair and stroked the side of his cheek while he watched tv.

"John?"

"Hmm?" Not taking his eyes off the television.

"Look at me." I whispered. He turned his head and looked into my eyes. I smiled, leaning in and kissing him.

Our lips moved together. Tongues circling, hands in each others hair. My lips became swollen by the time he pulled back. We just looked into each other's eyes and got lost in the moment.

The was until we heard a crashing, followed by 'Uh oh's'.

..

10:56 pm

"I get high when I see you go by

My oh my

When you sigh, my, my inside just flies

Butterflies

Why am I so shy when I'm beside you?"

John set his guitar down and took a drag from his cig.

"Rubbish song innit? I never liked it." He shrugged. I put my journal down and crawled off the bed, sitting beside him. He handed me his cigarette, watching me inhale.

"I like it. It was always one of my favorites." I smiled.

"You're soft. It's rubbish."

"It's beautiful. Finish it." I said kissing his cheek. He sighed, grabbing his guitar and began strumming.

"It's only love and that is all

Why should I feel the way I do?

It's only love, and that is all

But it's so hard loving you

Is it right that you and I should fight

Every night?

Just the sight of you makes nighttime bright

Very bright

Haven't I the right to make it up girl?