Chapter 32.

"I had a lovely time." I said swinging my purse back and forth as we walked down the dim park. John walked next to me, his hands in his pockets.

"Me too. I always do when were together." He smiled. I blushed and looked around to see we were the only ones in sight. We sat on a lonely bench and decided to have a smoke. He lit one for me and placed it between my lips.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. And um, thank you." He inhaled and blew smoke out in the air.

"For what?"

"Not mentioning the past. It's nice like this. It's like starting new. New people getting to know each other, again. No judgements."

I took a small drag from my cig and sighed. "Would you want to get to know me again?"

He nodded. "I would."

I smiled and nodded, looking out into the open pond. "It's getting late. Maxwell gets fussy when he hasn't seen me in a few hours." I flicked my cigarette and looked at John. "Do you want to come over?"

..

We entered my apartment, laughing and making small talk. The sitter came over and paused when she saw John.

"You...you're John Lennon!" She squeeked. I handed her money and giggled.

"Thank you for taking care of Max." I said as she nodded.

"He's sleeping now. D'you mind if I ask for an autograph??" She said fumbling to grab a pen and paper from her purse. I made my way into the bedroom to check on Maxwell, leaving John to fend for himself.

"Max? Baby you asleep?" I whispered. I heard a small nnnnghh. He was wiggling around as he slept. I stroked the side of his cheek, watching him make small crying noises and little grunts. I picked him up and left small kisses all over his cheek. This calmed him down, causing him to fall asleep in my arms. I smiled and slowly set him down back in his crib.

"He's cute."

I turned to see John stand beside me, looking at Maxwell.

"He sure is. We better go before he wakes." I whispered. I pulled John by the hand and pulled him out of the room, to the kitchen. I was about to let go when he pulled me to him.

"Lucy, why did you let me come over? I mean....I wasn't expecting for you to just let me in so..abruptly."

I shrugged and picked at a loose thread on the collar of his shirt. "Maybe i'm tired of trying to avoid you. Trying to find an excuse to let you go or ignore any kind of feelings I still have. I just don't care anymore John. I want to be happy. You make me happy. I don't care if I'm the other woman. I just want to be with you. Feel you and kiss you. Your presence makes me feel happy inside. I can't let you go. I never could." I pleaded and looked up into his eyes. He stroked the side of my face.

"That's all I ever wanted to hear." He whispered, leaning down and pressing his lips on mine.

..

Our clothes were thrown all around the bedroom floor later that night. I moaned carelessly into the curve of his neck as he rocked his hips back and forth into me. My fingers were tangled into his hair, pulling as he thrust harder. The blankets surrounding us as we made love.

I had to taste his skin now and then to make sure I wasn't just dreaming. That we were actually here in this moment. He breathed heavily, brushing his lips over mine to kiss me. I hummed at his touch.

"Oh John." I whispered as he kissed my neck sloppily.

"Mmm."

"Don't stop." I moaned quietly, dragging my nails down his back. He lifted himself up, his hands on either side of me as he moved his body into mine fast. I wrapped my legs around his waist, tightening my grip as my orgasm shook my entire body. I had to turn my head and bite into my pillow to muffle my screams. John kissed my jawline as he came. His heavy breathing slowing down as he came to a stop.

We panted and stared at one another as we layed side my side. Our lips met again, then pulled away.

"I love you John." I said playing with his fingers. He smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I love you too Luce."

..

I woke up the next morning refeshed, a new kind of happiness showing from within. I noticed Maxwell gone from his crib, John gone from the bed. I sat up and looked at the clock.

12:32 pm

I overslept. Hurriedly slipping some clothes on and making my way out of the room, I stopped to see John sitting on the sofa, being silly with Maxwell and making him giggle. I smiled and stood back, watching the sight.

"Aah yes, mum's awake. Finally." John smirked.

"Ha ha. It seems you two are getting along just fine." I walked over and sat next to them. Max smiled and bounced up and down when he saw me. I giggled.

"Yeah. Your little one is a very cheery one. He seems to fancy me." John smiled. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"He's not the only one." I smiled. John leaned in more and kissed me softly. I shut my eyes and kissed back. After I pulled away, I looked at the time. "Shouldn't you be back home?"

He sighed and nodded. "Yeah. I should get goin."

I nodded and grabbed Maxwell as John stood up. I followed. "I want to see you again."

He turned to me and nodded. "You will. Maybe tonight."

I smiled and handed him his coat. "Here. Let me drive you atleast."

He thought for a few seconds. "Alright. I'd love that."

I changed into something more presentable and made my way back to the living room where John and Max waited.

"Alright. I'm ready." I smiled. I opened the door and froze to see Julian about to knock. Anger in his eyes when he noticed John right behind me.

......