Chapter 47.

One Year Later

April 8, 1979

Nineteen Seventy nine seemed to be the year everything flew by. Days felt like hours. Months felt like days. The world was set on forward at speed. I could barely reason with what day I was on anymore.

It's been two months now since John moved me into a new apartment closer to the Dakota. Things were easier this way. He wouldn't have to take longer trips from mine, back home to Yoko. She started nagging at him for being away for days and returning home only for a few hours, just to change clothes, fuck her then come back to me. I didn't mind he was still physical with her. I know it's wrong but, knowing the intimate value of their relationship was beginning to dampen at stake...it made me one hell of a happy woman.

The summer was just beginning and Julian was coming back from England to see the new place. I always loved seeing him over such a long few months. He always seemed to grow an inch or have a new hairstyle. The way he adjusted back to mine and John's living routine.

I got out of the shower that Sunday morning, putting on some jean shorts and a red top that was a bit revealing. But I didn't care. It suited me well. I dressed Maxwell and brushed my hair, letting it fall over my shoulders. I grabbed my keys to see John walk into the door with some flowers. He handed them to me. I blushed.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Just because. Can't a bloke by his love some flowers?" He backed me up against the wall as I looked up at him.

"Of course he can. Unless he did something wrong." I smirked. He picked me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist and move my arms around his shoulders. "You know, I'm supposed to be off picking up Julian now. Why don't you come with me? After all, it is his birthday."

"That's why I came by. But, I saw these lovely flowers in the shop and well...here they are." He smiled. I giggled and leaned in, kissing him. He set me down and grabbed the keys.

"I'll drive."

I took them back and laughed. "In your dreams Lennon."

..

Julian was waiting outside the gates down in the entrance. He looked bored as he took his sunglasses off. I got out of the car and walked over to him.

"Hi Julian. How was the trip?" I smiled. He rolled his eyes.

"Boring and full of bloody pissheads who just snored all night. I 'aven't slept at all."

"Aww poor baby. Come on, you can see the new place and take a nap. Happy Birthday." I kissed his cheek. He blushed and kept walking. I smiled to myself as John helped put his things into the trunk. As we all got into the car, John leaned over and gave me a long kiss. The sound of our lips smacking together, was enough to make Julian lean over and turn up the radio's volume. I loved teasing him.

..

"Wow dad, a bit posh aint it? Not that I'm complainin." Julian said, looking around at the large living room.

"Isn't it lovely? Wait till you see your room." I said grabbing his hand and leading him to the bedroom. He whistled and flung himself on the bed.

"I never thought I'd be happy to see one of these. Whelp, G'night." He smirked, pretending to sleep.

"Cocky just like your father. Go ahead and sleep, nobody will bother you in here. Since it's apart from the other rooms." I said sitting on the edge of the bed. He propped himself up on his elbows and nodded.

"It is my birthday..."

"And?" I turned to him.

"Shouldn't I get a kiss?" He smirked.