Chapter 54.

December 25, 1979
Christmas day

I woke up at six in the morning in John's arms as he snored his heart out. I giggled softly and got out of bed, got dressed and made my way out of the room to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and washed my face. As I left the room, I noticed Maxwell's door open. Him nor Sean were inside. Making my way into the living room, I found the two next to the tree, smiling innocently at me. I laughed and walked over, kissing both of them.

"Patience babies. Why don't you two go and wake up your brother?" I knew Julian was going to have a heart attack. They nodded and ran out of the room. I took this opprotunity to hurriedly go to the hall closet and grab the last handful of gifts on the top shelf to put under the tree and into their stockings. You can just imagine the looks on their faces when they came back to see even more gifts.

I turned on the tv to a Christmas cartoon and made my way into the kitchen to make coffee. Julian came into the room sleepily, glaring at me. I smiled.

"Morning babe. Merry Christmas." I blew him a kiss.

"That wasn't a very nice stunt ye pulled." He grabbed a cup and poured himself some coffee.

"It's Christmas! The boys are excited. I'm excited." I beamed. He grabbed the sugar and yawned.

"Me too. Dad still asleep?"

"Not for long. I better wake him up before the boys go crazy." I kissed the top of his head as I passed him out of the room. To my surprise, John was already making his way out of the hall, Sean pulling him along by the hand. I giggled and walked over.

"Merry Christmas baby."

He smiled and grabbed his glasses, putting them on to see me in my shorts and one of his shirts. He kissed my cheek.

"Merry Christmas my love. I see the lads are cheery this morning."

We sat on the sofa as the boys shook the presents under the tree. I smiled.

"I am too. I missed this. I just want to thank you John. For showing me that...Christmas is still a beautiful holiday. And family matters the most." I blushed. He smiled and kissed me softly.

"I'm proud of you Lucy. To be able to still smile after everything. Our first real Christmas together."

We kissed and held one another until Julian walked into to the room with coffee in one hand and cookies in another. The boys attacking him. I smiled and grabbed the camera, taking photos as John sat on the floor to hand out the gifts. Once they were passed out, Maxwell and Sean started tearing and sending wrapping paper and tissue everywhere.

"Whoa whoa calm down you two!" I laughed. John was doing the same. I smiled and shook my head, opening mine calmly. Many squeeks, giggles and screams coming from the boys as they held their new gifts. Julian was excited to be getting a new guitar, a record player, clothes, books, and a few random things he's been dying for.

Maxwell and Sean excited for some new games, action figures and a few other toys. Of course me being the mother I am, I excitedly bought them cute matching sweaters that Julian was thanking god he wasn't their age anymore. The boys seemed happy to wear them though. John took a picture.

John bought me a beautiful pair of earrings, perfume, the coat I've been bugging him about at a shop downtown, chocolates and a beautiful golden locket. Inside, a picture of us together. Engraved in the back.

To: Lucy (My love)
From: John (Forever yours)

In My Life, I love you more

"Aww baby I love it." I smiled, leaning over and giving him a kiss. The boys made icky noises as we laughed, pulling away.

..

As the day passed, me and John spent most of our time in the living room, helping the boys open and set up their toys. Julian in his room as usual. Maxwell was giggling while squishing the silly putty in his hands. I laughed as he handed it to me. John reading instructions and putting batteries into the walkie talkies.

Once the boys got that started, they were all over the apartment, acting like spies. Me and John were eating cookies and grabbed one of the boys's games. I set it up and soon, me and John were playing hungry hungry hippos.

"I won!" John yelled.

"That's not fair! You cheated!"

"Not my fault I got faster hands." He smirked. I pouted.

"Fine. Again." I said as the small balls came onto the board. I hurriedly pressed the tab as my hippo ate. John still won. I stuck my tongue out at him, then came across another game.

"Care to some simon?" I smirked, holding up the round device.

"Bring it Daniels."

..

Me and John were exhausted by the time the end of the day came around. I was sipping my hot chocolate as the boys fell asleep on the living room floor by the tree. They looked like kittens curled up next to one another. I took a picture. John in the other room, showing Julian how to tune his guitar. It was ten as I set the boys to bed.

I left their night light on and left the room, meeting John in the hallway.

"The lads asleep already??"

I giggled. "A whole day of running around and pretending to be James Bond....our little spies are tuckered out."

He laughed and held my hand as we made our way into the living room. He noticed the cup I was using. The one James made me that Christmas. We sat on the sofa.

"Ye think of him today?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded. He stroked the side of my face.

"He's in a better place now love. Along with Andrew. I know you were thinkin of him too. I'm proud you haven't crumbled today."

I gave a small smile and leaned in kissing his lips. After a few seconds, I pulled away. "Let's not talk about them. Let's focus on us. Here. Now. Our future. After tonight I...I can't wait for our Christmas's to come."

"I'll make sure to make next years just as special as this years. Forever." He pecked my lips and sat back. I smiled and reached behind me, grabbing the small wrapped gift. I handed it to him.

"Here."

He took it. "Hiding secrets huh?"

I giggled and watched him open it. It was a notebook. A special one. Hardcover with his initials engraved on the front cover and at the end of every page. He smiled.

"Lucy this...this is perfect. You always know exactly how to win me heart. I love you." He blushed.

"You're welcome baby. How about we take the bottle of wine to our room, relax and have a little fun?" I pulled his glasses off and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Yeah? Hungry Hippos or Simon?"

I bit my lip to hide my laughter. "Both."

"Mmm adventerous huh?? It's bound to get loud. We might keep the boys awake."

"It'll be worth it when I see your look of defeat when I beat you with my hippo." I kissed his lips.

"It's on Daniels." He smiled, getting up and running to the kitchen for the wine as I grabbed the games, making my way into our bedroom.

........