Chapter 56.

Paul stood in the doorway, shivering and bundled up in his large coat. I stepped aside so he could enter.

"Paul um...what are you doing here?? How do you know where I..."

"Richard told me. I asked him if ye still lived in the same flat and he gave me this address. I'm sorry if I 'ad waken ye." He looked around at the apartment as I flicked the lights on. "Ye live 'ere alone? Jules is stayin with you isn't he?"

I blinked. "Do you not know??"

"Know what? I've been very busy lately." He chuckled. I laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of my head.

"Me and John."

"Is he 'ere??" He asked. I bit my lip and nodded. He sighed.

"Isn't he married with Yoko still? Lucy 'ave ye not learned from your..." he went on then stopped, looking down the hall. I looked over to see John walking in sleepily. His hair a mess. I giggled at his appearance.

"Paul is that you? I heard a blokes voice and I knew it just 'ad to be you." John smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"John you...you and Lucy are together?" Paul asked. I nodded and showed him my hand with the ring.

"Were married." I smiled. John smirked and kissed my cheek.

"She's stuck with me."

Paul just looked back and forth at us. "I see. Well congratulations." He smiled. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, holding his hand as I led him to the kitchen.

"You must be freezing! I'll make you some coffee." I said as he sat at the table with John.

"No I shouldn't or I'll be up all morning. I was hoping to catch some rest." He yawned.

"What brings you by?" John asked. I sat down and grabbed an apple, cutting it into pieces. I plopped them in my mouth, handing one to John, who took it.

"Me and Linda we...we 'ad a fight. She went off on me about somethin and I needed to get away. I mean it was pretty bad. I thought of Lucy and I figured now would be a time to unwinde and get my mind off a few things. She always knows how to make the best of things. Positive energy is what I need the most." He sighed. I gave him a sympathetic smile and kissed his cheek again.

"You came to the right place. You can sleep in the guest bedroom for now. We'll get some rest and talk in the morning...erm I mean later. Alright? How long are you staying?" I asked. He shrugged and looked at John and me.

"A few days? A week or two? If you'll 'ave me." He blushed.

"Of course ye can stay macca! We can catch up and talk some bit." John smiled. Paul looked relieved.

"Thank you both. Whelp, show me my room and I'll be off your hands."

..

Me and John were drinking coffee while sitting on the sofa when Paul finally woke up.

"Morning." He mumbled. I smiled.

"G'morning Paul. How was your sleep?"

He shrugged. "It was alright. Coffee?"

"It's in the kitchen." John said still looking at the tv. Paul nodded and left the room. I shook John.

"Go see what's wrong!" I whispered. John made a face.

"No I don't want to be intruding."

"Come on. Maybe we can help him. Him and his wife are having problems. I don't want to ask or say the wrong thing and be the bad person. Besides, you're his friend." I nudged him. He sighed and handed me his cup.