Chapter 22.

John left an hour ago to think. Atleast that's what he told me he needed to do before he made a decision, I respected his wishes. But a certain worry began to settle in the longer he took to make up his mind. Especially If he went back to Yoko. She'd probably wonder where he'd been. Where he spent the night. Whom he spent the night with.

What would he say? His ex lover? An ex friend whom he made amends with?

Probably the latter.

..

I was walking home from sending a letter later that afternoon, when I decided to have a small walk through the park. There weren't much people out today, since the clouds above seemed threatening.

As I walked around the corner, I stopped in my tracks when I saw them. Sitting on a bench, holding hands....happy. My heart beating rapidly in my chest as they kissed. The way he looked at her. The way he held her. How he used to hold me. That's when I knew, the choice he was going to make.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned in the opposite direction, making my way home.

..

The knocking on the door woke me up as I sat up on the sofa, rubbing my red eyes. It became more urgent the longer I took to make a decision whether to open up or not.

Pulling the small blanket off me, I made my way to the door, opening it to see John. He was soaked from the rain out. My heart sank, remembering earlier's discovery.

"Bloody hell I didn't think you were home. I thought I was about to drown." He chuckled. I gave a small smile and followed him into the living room.

"I'll get you a towel." I said, keeping my voice strong. I walked into the hall and grabbed a towel from the small closet. He thanked me as I handed it to him. Sitting on the sofa, I looked up at him as he put his glasses back on.

"It's nice to see you." I said, my voice breaking a bit. He walked over and kneeled in front of me.

"What's wrong?"

I held back the tears and shook my head. "Nothing. Damn mood swings you know. I was watching a movie and it had a sad ending. That's all." I said shrugging. He just nodded and sat next to me.

We stayed silent for a few minutes, before he spoke. "I made up my mind."

"John I...I know. I saw you at the park earlier. You and Yoko."

"Lucy I..."

"It's okay John. I'll be okay on my own. I understand the love you have for her. I saw it with my own eyes. And to be honest, I think you're making the right choice."

He looked at me in complete surprise. "You do?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I mean you need to be there for Sean. He needs a father."

"What about you??"

"John, I'll be alright. I've done it before. You already have a family. Yoko loves you so much. Why ignore all of that and move on with someone who will just keep you going in circles on and on..."

"I love you Lucy. I want to..."

"I know John. But I can see how much you love her. You and me...maybe..maybe our time together is..."

"Lucy please..Don't say it."

"I love you John."

"And I love you Lucy."

I leaned over and pressed my lips against his, moving my fingers into his hair as we kissed. He held me closer, wiping my tears in the process. We pulled away after a few minutes, catching our breath and gazing into each others eyes. I blinked, breaking the stare.

"You should go John. To your family."

The hurt in his eyes, breaking my heart. He just nodded and pecked my lips. "I love you Lucy. Don't forget that. Please."

I brushed my thumb over his eyebrows one last time and smiled. "I love you too John. Perhaps one day."

"One day." He smiled, placing his hand on my stomach.

..

One Month Later

"This is so cool! How long are we stayin??" Julian asked as I drove. I giggled at his enthusiasm, ruffling his hair.

"I will be staying with your uncle, while you stay with your mother. I'll pick you up after school every day so we can spend some time together." I smiled as we drove into the gates to Friar Park.