Chapter 35.

Two weeks later

I woke up that morning alone in bed. The alarm clock ringing loudly until I shut it off.

5:00 am

I had to go pick up Andrew from the Airport this morning. He was finally coming back and I was more than excited to be sharing some news with him. I sleepily walked into Julian's room and shook him. He mumbled and picked his head up.

"Hmmm?"

"Julian I'm going to get dressed to pick up Andrew from the airport. Watch over Max when I'm gone alright?"

"Mmkay." He muttered. I kissed his cheek and left the room.

..

I said bye to the boys and drove in silence. I grabbed a cigarette and lit it, taking a long drag. The traffic was terrible. One cigarette turned into four in less than ten minutes. Once I was near the airport, I parked and ran across the street inside the building.

I was panting when I came to a stop. People were coming and going.

6:30 am

He should be here by now. I looked around and didn't find him at all. I decided to ask.

"The plane seems to be on some kind of delay at the moment. Please take a seat and we'll announce once the plane has arrived alright?" The lady behind the counter put on a tiring, over friendly smile. I returned the favour and made my way back to an empty seat. I grabbed my purse and looked for some change.

Making my way to the payphone, I dialed and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Julian I might be here awhile. I just wanted to let you know before you panic and start a riot."

"Too late mum. Maxwell's wearing full gear and ready to knock some blokes head off."

I laughed. "Take care of your brother okay? I'll call when were almost home. So no headphones."

"Alright alright. What if Max needs a diaper change??"

"Then change his diaper!" I laughed.

"Uh...how do you do that?"

"You take his diaper off, get a fresh new one, grab the baby wipes and clean him up. Put some powder on him, and put on the new diaper."

"I don't want to touch him...down there."

I rolled my eyes. "He's your brother! You have to change his diaper or he'll get a rash. Then he'll keep crying and crying and crying and cryi..."

"Alright mum I'll change him! Call me later yeah?"

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too mum. Bye."

"Bye." I smiled and made my way back to my seat.

..

I yawned and shut my eyes as I waited. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. Of course, my worry instincts began to fill my mind with horrible thoughts.

I looked around, watching people wait and talk about the delay. The pit in my stomach turning into a nervous knot. I noticed the authorities talking to a few pilots and stewardesses. I bit my lip and decided to just wait. That was until one of the officers came over to speak to everyone waiting.

..

I tried not to get to worked up. I tried not to cry. I tried to think positive things. But all failed. It had to be about eight in the evening when I heard people cry and scream. It was happening all over again.