Chapter 62.

"Mommy why does daddy get to touch your boobies and I can't?" Max asked, shoving a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. Julian spit out his orange juice laughing like crazy. I blinked and walked over to the table, biting into a bagel.

"Maxwell Stephens why would you ask a thing like that?" I crossed my arms.

"No reason. I just like them that's all." He smiled innocently. I looked down and noticed my breasts visible through the thin fabric of my robe. I sighed and squeeked when John walked into the room and smacked my butt.

"I'm off to pick up Sean. I'll see ye in a few." He grabbed a toast and headed out the door.

"But I...Ugh." I groaned and made my way back to the kitchen when the phone rang. I grabbed it. "Hello?"

"L...Lucy??"

I recognized the accent. I paused and thought about hanging up. I didn't.

"M..Michelle? Um..why are you.."

"How are you?" She asked. She didn't sound mean or malicious. She sounded...sincere.

"I'm uh...good. What's this about?" I asked curiously. She took a breath.

"I want to see you. There's something I..."

John walked in through the door. "I forgot my wallet. Who are ye talkin to?"

I was about to speak when I heard the other line go dead. "Um...nobody. Wrong number." I laughed nervously.

"Alright then. Well, I'm off." He kissed my cheek and left. Julian just watching as I set the phone away and began making myself breakfast.

..

Later that day, I found myself driving to Rolling Stone offices. Something about Michelle's voice made me feel something. Guilt? Remorse? Apologetic?...something different.

I made my way inside and ignored the stares and whispers. Walking up to the small counter, a girl turned and looked up at me.

"Hi um..what floor is Michelle Peri on?" I asked.

"The same as before. Lucy where have you been?"

I sighed. "Home. Where I belong."

She just smiled and nodded. I walked to the elevators and stopped when I saw her walk down the hall. She stopped and just looked.

"Lucy."

"Michelle. You called and hung up as soon as you heard him. What is this?" I asked. She walked over to me and grabbed my hand, leading me to a small secluded room. She closed the door and looked down.

"It's been awhile yeah? Lucy I..."

"Michelle just tell me. Last time I saw you, you were talking shit about me in the womens restroom."

"Y..you heard that?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "If you're in some sort of trouble I can't..."

"Lucy I'm pregnant." She blurted out. I looked at her strangely.

"What do I have to do with this?"

She sniffled and shook her head.

"Michelle? Please tell me...no. John's been..."

"It's not John. It's Paul." She looked at me. Worry taking over. "He called me a few months ago and told me he was having trouble with his wife. He was so sweet and loving like always. We met up for coffee one day and he wanted to have dinner. So I accepted. That night we..."

I bit my lip and nodded. "Paul was staying at mine and John's place. He wasn't himself. He was desperate and.."

"I didn't take advantage of that if that's what you're thinking." She interrupted. "I still had feelings for him. But when I got no call. No visits or anything I...I didn't have the courage to tell him."

"I can't believe this." I laughed sarcastically. "Fuckin McCartney."

She just watched as I grabbed the phone.

"What are you doing??"

"I'm calling him. He deserves to know."

She grabbed the phone out of my hands and hung up. "You can't! I don't...I can't be that girl again. Lucy I...I just have nobody. No friends. I'm so far from home and...I just didn't know who else to call. I don't want to ruin another marriage. I won't blame you if you do tell him and just wash your hands on the whole thing. I was terrible to you. I don't deserve your forgiveness." She cried.

I just watched her break down. She sat in a chair and held her face in her hands. I slowly walked over and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm here." I whispered. "I won't tell."

She nodded and held onto me, crying in my arms.

.......