Chapter 45.

One week later

October 16, 1978

8:45 pm

Julian grabbed Let it Bleed out of the vinyl bin and put it on, turning up the volume. I smiled and lit a cigarette, setting Maxwell on the counter as he stirred the cake mix carefully. I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"Good job baby. Now wash your hands." I said as he licked his fingers. "Not like that silly boy." I laughed and helped him wash up. Julian walked into the room, grabbing a soda from the fridge.

"Hey mum, can I go out tonight with uncle George and a few of his mates. He promised to show me the studio." He leaned against the counter.

"As long as he brings you home at a resonable time."

"Oh come on. He told me when he was my age, he was out goin to gigs and playing late nights at clubs. Even you were there!"

I made a face. "I was a troublemaker. So was uncle George and your father. That goes for the rest of your uncles."

"Come on mum. Please?" He pouted, giving me a sad look. His eyes watering. I rolled my eyes.

"And the Oscar goes to the Julian Lennon." I crossed my arms. "Go ahead. Just be careful."

He smiled and hugged me. "Thanks mum."

"Yeah yeah. Oh wait, what's that you got on your face?"

"What??" He grabbed the silver toaster, looking at his reflection. I swiped some cake batter on my finger and dabbed it on his cheek, licking it off. He blushed and laughed as I kissed his cheek over and over again.

"Mum stop it!"

"Just one more." I smiled, pecking his lips. He smiled as I ruffled his hair. "Now get out of here."

"Yeah yeah."

I finished up with the cake, setting it into the oven and started with dinner. I was chopping garlic when I felt arms snake around my waist.

"There's my lovely lioness. Busy?"

"You're here early. And I'm never too busy for you my sexy tiger." I teased. His hands moved over mine as he pressed himself against me. I smiled as he kissed my neck. "Easy Lennon. We have a little one in our presence."

John chuckled and pulled away, turning to Maxwell as he chewed on a cookie. "Ello love. How's that taste? May I 'ave a bite?"

I watched as Max held out his cookie to John, who took a bite, making silly noises. I smiled to myself, coninuing dinner as I listened to Maxwell's giggles.

John helped Max off the counter, letting him go off to watch tv. I turned to him. "I'm glad you two get along. He's a shy one."

"He's a cute little lad. You always make the cutest babies."

I blushed and tapped the tip of his nose. "Stop flattering me Lennon. Are you staying tonight?"

"What do you think?" He grinned, kissing me softly. I smiled and kissed back, pulling him closer.

"Mmm. By the way, Julian will be out with George most of the evening. It'll just be you, me and Max. After I set him to bed later, you, me, maybe a little wine and less clothing." I moved my hands under his shirt, feeling his warm skin.

"I love the way you think my love." He pushed my hair to the side as I turned around and stirred the pasta sauce. His lips pressing against my neck as his hand moved up my shirt, into my bra. I closed my eyes as his other hand moved into my underwear and teased me with his fingers. I moved  back against him and breathed uneasy as his fingers picked up the pace.