Chapter 38.

Six Months Later

"Hold still you're going to make me ruin your hair."

"I'm trying to get work done Lucy."

"Yeah well, I told you I'd do it. Let's not forget I was once your partner." I smirked, leaning over his shoulder, our faces inches apart. He made a face and leaned in, kissing me. I giggled.

"Mmmm. I won."

"Shut up Daniels and finish the job."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my head on his shoulder. "And if I don't Stephens?"

"I'll have to punish you." He smirked, setting his clipboard and pen down.

I crawled around the chair, setting the scissors down and moving between his legs. Without a word, I leaned up, rubbing my body against his and placed my lips on his. He took a deep breath and kissed harder, moving his fingers into my hair.

..

It's been three months since Andrew moved in with me. And to be honest, life was better than ever. We weren't anything 'official', but there were definitly things going on between us. He did end up filing for divorce from Janice. But not for reasons most may think. But, I rather not speak anymore about it.

The divorce was a very ugly one. And during this time, he needed someone by his side. So, why couldn't it be me? Plus, this made things easier on me, with taking care of Max. Seeing his mommy and daddy together was healthy for him. It was also healthy for me. Andrew's been taking good care of us. It's what I needed. What we needed.

..

"Andrew stop it I need to finish your hair." I laughed as he kissed my neck.

"To hell with my hair." He mumbled between kisses. I smiled and pulled away.

"You have court tomorrow!" I playfully slapped his arm and crawled back around him, grabbing the scissors.

"Are you coming with me tomorrow?" He asked. I kissed the back of his neck.

"Of course. I think you need me more than ever. I hope all goes well. Andrew I just want you to know that...if you lose your job tomorrow, you'll always have a place here with me."

He turned to me. "Thank you Lucy. I really appreciate that. But um, I've been thinking..."

"What about?" I asked. He sighed and grabbed my arm, pulling me in his lap. I looked at him, waiting for him to go on.

"I'm thinking of moving back to San Francisco."

I pouted and rested my head on his chest. He stroked my hair and went on. "I can't be without work. My brother works as a mechanic at his own shop and he's offered me a job. I agreed."

I picked my head up and looked into his eyes. "What about tomorrow? Things might turn out well. I mean this is...."

He shook his head. "I know it's over Lucy. Maybe my time here is done. I need to move on with my life. Away from the big city. Away from the memories. Away from..."

"Me?" I finished. He sighed.

"That's not what I meant. I love you Lucy. You and Max. I want to think that, if I ask you to come with me, you'll do it. But....I know you'll find an excuse. And excuse to stay. To be closer to...him."

I bit my lip and nodded. "You know me more than I hoped."

He chuckled and looked at me. "I do. I just need to know you'll be okay if I leave."