family time > e.d

you and ethan got married 6 years ago, when you were both 18. everyone told you that you were rushing it, that you weren't actually in love. just two desperate teenagers. but boy, were they wrong.
you and ethan have two kids, sophia who is 4 and noah who is 5 months. you all planned to go watch the sunset together as a family. so you packed the car with blankets and snacks.
e: you want me to put the kids in the car?
y: yes please. i'm gonna go fix noah's diaper bag then i'll be right out.
you walked inside and fixed noah's bag like you said you would. you soon walked out to the car and got in.
s: mommy, where we going?
y: we are gonna watch the sunset! does that sound fun baby?
s: yes!!
you and ethan looked at each other, smiling.
you were about 30 minutes into the drive when sophia spoke up.
s: momma we there?
y: almost soph just a little longer.
ethan was holding your hand while driving the whole way there.
noah was always really quiet on car rides. he didn't mind them very much.
you finally got there and ethan got sophia out of the car while you grabbed noah. you got the blankets and snacks out of the car and set up your little spot where you were going to sit to watch the sunset.
sophia could not sit still, so you let her get up and run around, staying in your sight. you sat in between ethan's legs, your head on his chest, while holding noah close to you to keep him warm. he soon fell asleep in your arms.
sophia came back over to you and ethan, her face a little red from the cool breeze.
s

: daddy, can you get my blankie please? i cold.
e: of course babygirl. here you go.
he grabbed her soft blanket that she has had since she was born. she quickly took it from his hand and cuddled into his side, cuddling her blankie close. he wrapped his arms around all of us, holding us close as we watched the sunset. sophia fell asleep pretty quickly so we decided to go home.
we got the car packed up, put the kids in the car, and got on the road.
*back at home*
ethan got sophia out of the car and got her in her bed, then came back into our room where i was getting noah ready for bed. ethan wrapped his arms around me from behind, snuggling his face into my neck, leaving soft kisses there. i picked up noah from the bed and held him close, staring into his bright blue eyes. neither ethan nor myself had blue eyes, so it was really shocking to see noah with a pair of his own.
e: he's so precious.
y: mhm.
noah slowly but surely fell asleep in my arms, so i put him in his crib. i walked over to ethan, who was sitting on our bed waiting for me. he stood up and wrapped me in a hug.
y: thank you for tonight. i'm so thankful for you ethan, you have no idea.
e: i love you babe, so so much. i'm very happy we didn't listen to what anyone said about us six years ago. these have been the best six years of my life.
i kissed him passionately, but we slowly pulled away when we heard sophia crying. i started walking to the bedroom door to go tend to sophia when ethan stopped me.
e: i got it. you get ready for bed.
i smiled at him as he walked out the door. i did what he said, and as i got into bed, i heard the door open. i look over to see a puffy eyed sophia in the arms of the love of my life.
e: she said she had a bad dream, so i figured she could sleep in here tonight.
ethan put sophia down and she crawled into the bed and cuddled up next to me, her head laying softly on my stomach. ethan crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around me and sophia, holding us close.
e: good night girls. i love you.
y: i love you ethan.
s: i wuv you daddy.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

word count: 725
i love this one a lot. hope you do too! ♡