surprise > e.d

i heard my phone ringing from where i left it on the couch. i walked over to it and immediately smiled seeing the name on the screen: ethan.

i picked up my phone and answered the facetime call.

you: hey ethan! i miss you..
ethan: i miss you too baby. i have a meeting in a couple minutes and i figured i would call you while i have the time to. *he frowned at those words. he didn't like that he wasn't able to see, talk, or hangout with you whenever he wanted to.*
you: when will you be back?
ethan: uh i'm not sure. i'll let you know when i find out okay?
you: okay. go to that meeting so you aren't late bub. i love you and can't wait to see you again.
ethan: i love you more. bye love. *i blew a kiss and hung up.*

it was quiet and lonely in your house without ethan. you didn't know what to do without him.

since it was getting late you decided to get in bed.

i got into bed and quickly fell asleep.

-ethan's pov-

little did she know i was in the airport about to board a plane flying back home when i facetimed her. i'm so excited to see my baby.

"flight 3229a to california now boarding." that's me. i got up and walked to the gate. i handed the lady my ticket and boarded the plane.

i cannot wait.

-time skip: 6 hours-

i finally landed back in california at 6am, ready to see y/n. i got off the plane, got my bags surprisingly quick and left the airport.

y/n had driven me to the airport so i had to catch a ride.

-y/n's pov-

i woke up without any alarm or noise. i stayed cuddled up in my blankets where it was warm when i finally decided to get out and be productive.

i took a shower, got dressed, and went downstairs to make coffee.

suddenly i heard a knock at the door.

who the heck is bothering me at 7am?!

i set my cup on the counter and walked over to open the door. who i saw standing before me made me stop everything.

"ethan?!" i immediately jumped into his arms and he held me close to him. "i wasn't expecting you back so soon!!" he smiled and kissed me gently but with passion. i melted and smiled into the kiss, causing ethan to smile too. "that was my goal, to surprise you..surprise!" we both laughed.

"ugh i missed you so much!" i fell into his arms again, this time just standing in his warm embrace. i could hear his heart beating faster. that always happened when we hugged or kissed. i think it's so precious.

"i missed you more."