mommy p2 > e.d

"okay princess, uncle gray is coming over so daddy can go out. you excited?" mackenzie was sitting in the living room, still in her pj's, playing with her toys. without looking up she replied "uh huh!" making me chuckle softly.

no longer than half an hour later, there was a knock on the door. "uncle gray!" mackenzie ran to the door as i opened it to see grayson. he walked in and was immediately approached by mack.

"hey mack!" she giggled softly and gave him a huge hug when he squatted down.

"hey man, thanks so much for this." he turned to me. "no problem, glad you're getting out there, as hard as it may be." before i left, i told grayson what to do just in case i wasn't home before lunch and naptime.

"okay princess. you be good for daddy, alright?" she nodded before dragging grayson to the carpet in the living room to play. "hey, say 'bye' to daddy!" grayson nudged her, making her look up and wave just before i walked out.

i'm going on a date with a girl named y/n. finally. i met her on a dating app, so i'm praying that everything goes well. mackenzie needs a mother figure in her life.

time skip

y/n and i met up at a cafe downtown to get to know each other, and it went really well. she's very beautiful and kind. i explained my situation to her, telling her how i lost my wife and am now a single dad. she was so understanding and i can definitely see a life with her. plus, she says she adores kids!

i walked into my very unusually quiet home, where grayson was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"she went to naptime just 15 minutes ago. i fed her lunch and she was pretty much asleep before i even got her fully tucked in." we both laughed quietly to not wake her. "thanks bro."

"oh! how'd it go? is she nice? pretty?" he winked and smiled. "yeah! her name is y/n and she is...amazing. i can really see her in mine and mackenzie's life. hopefully she does too."

time skip

i've been dating y/n for about two months now, and it's going so well. i didn't want to tell mack until today, until things started moving along just in case it ended up not working out. so today, y/n is coming over to meet mackenzie.

"alright bug," i said as i tied her hair into two pigtails. "there's someone coming over soon, and i want you to meet her. okay?" she nodded, looking at my reflection in the mirror. "who is it daddy?" i looked up and my reflected eyes met hers. "her name is y/n. and she is...well, you'll just have to see." she nodded hesitantly.

soon after both of us were ready, the doorbell rang. i grabbed mackenzie's hand and we walked together to the door. i opened it to see y/n, standing beautifully in front of me.

"hey love." she walked in and i placed a kiss on her cheek. mackenzie was quick to get behind my leg, so i turned and squatted in front of her.

"hey princess. this," i motioned towards y/n standing by the door. "is y/n! this is who i was talking about earlier." she mumbled something under her breath, too quiet for me to hear. i grabbed her hand and turned back to y/n.

"y/n, this is mackenzie, or mack, my daughter." y/n was quick to squat down to mack's level. "hi mackenzie! i'm y/n. it's nice to finally meet you."

y/n's pov
mackenzie hid behind ethan's leg again, half of her cute, chubby face showing. i sighed and glanced up at ethan, who shrugged.

"mack...is it okay if i call you that?" she nodded slowly. "okay, mack, i'm not gonna hurt you. i just wanna meet you. your sweet daddy here has told me so many good things about you." she slowly creeped out, allowing me to see all of her adorable face. she stood in front of me, her head hanging as she shuffled her feet back and forth.

"i like your pigtails!" i tried to carry the conversation, attempting to earn her trust. she looked up slowly and whispered,"thanks. my daddy did them for me." i gasped, faking surprise. "did he?!" she smiled and looked up, her eyes slowly getting brighter. "yeah! but i-i picked out my outfit! do you like it?!" she spun quickly, making her skirt puff out and fall down. i nodded enthusiastically. she smiled again, her eyes almost closed with how big her bright smile was. it made me smile too.

"d-do you wanna my toys too?" i nodded and stood up as she grabbed my hand, leading me to her play area, which seemed to also be the living room. ethan followed close behind, but he sat on the couch as mack and i sat on the floor. she showed me all her toys and introduced me to her bear, mr. fluffy. ethan told me he has been with her since she was born, which made me 'aww'.

time skip
ethan's pov
y/n left a while ago, and now its bedtime. mackenzie practically begged to sleep in my bed tonight, so i agreed.

she ran and hopped on the bed and cuddled into my side of the bed. "oh no no no! i don't think so!" i sped over to her, slipping my hands under her back, lifting her off the bed and tossed her on to the other side. she laughed so hard, making me laugh along with her.

i crawled in beside her and she snuggled into my side. "daddy?" i looked down at her. "hmm?"

"uh, is-is y/n my mommy now?" i chuckled at how she mispronounced her name. "um, no babydoll. do you want her to be?" she nodded and yawned. i smiled and stroked her hair. "okay, we'll see."

"good night daddy." she mumbled before yawning again and snuggling further into my side.

"good night princess."

published may 6 2020
i think part three will be the last but we'll see. i hope you are enjoying this mini series<3