infinity > e.d

song: infinity by jaymes young

your pov
i sat in ethan's bedroom while he was in the shower. i was looking at pictures of us together, seeing both of us smiling and laughing. there is nothing better i thought.

but the more i looked at the pictures, the sadder i got. what am i gonna do if we break up? what if we don't last forever? my eyes began to tear up, and i felt a small tear flow down my cheek.

ethan finally came out of the bathroom, just to see me holding pictures and softly crying. (a/n he was already dressed) "baby?" he walked over to me and sat down in front of me, lifting my chin so i was looking at him in the face. "what's wrong?"

i set the pictures down and he looked at all of them before looking back up at me. he was clearly confused. i wiped the tears off of my face before talking.

"i was just, um, looking at the pictures of us and started thinking..overthinking of course. it's what i do best." i slightly chuckled at that, since it was true. "but, anyways, i was thinking, um..." i looked up at him and he stared into my eyes. "what if we break up? what if this," i moved my index finger back and forth between the two of us and then pointed at the pictures. "what if it doesn't last forever?" i looked back down as more tears threatened to fall.

"baby look at me." i looked back at him and he held onto my hands to continue talking. "baby, this love. i'll never let it die. i'm gonna make this last forever, don't tell me its impossible. 'cause i love you for infinity, i promise you. nothing could ever make me love you less, but in fact only love you more. and my soul, it aches for yours. and you've been filling this hole since you were born, before i even knew you. you're the reason i believe in fate, baby you're my paradise. and i'll do anything to be your love, i'll be your sacrifice. 'cause i love you. for infinity." he had started crying, but neither of us payed attention to that.

"ethan. i-" he cut me off by kissing me ever so passionately. i lifted my hands around his neck to pull him in closer, as he pulled me by my waist.

after a few moments we pulled away, but kept our foreheads touching. i gazed into his hazel eyes as he stared into mine.

"i love you eth..."

"for infinity."

published jan 25 2020