intruder > e.d

i laid in ethan's bedroom, cozy in his big fuzzy blanket. him and grayson were out getting supplies for a video they wanted to do, but i stayed home because i had a pounding headache, which of course stopped just 10 minutes after they left.

i scrolled through instagram, liking some edits of ethan and i, and following some fanpages.

just as i was switching apps, going from instagram to tiktok, i got a text from ethan.

ethan<3
hey baby, it's taking a little longer than expected, i'll text you when we're heading back home
me
okay, see you soon<3

i put my phone on the beside table and was about to go downstairs for a snack when i heard a crashing noise. i stopped dead in my tracks, my heart pounding. i heard more noises and ran quietly back to ethan's room.

i grabbed my phone and ran to the bathroom, locking the door. i sat down on the floor, covering my mouth, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

"hey, let's check upstairs." i heard a faint, deep voice say. ethan's door was slammed open, banging against the wall. tears began to fall down my cheeks, i was terrified for my life.

i opened my phone and texted ethan.

me
ethan i need you home right now
ethan<3
why? what's wrong?
me
there are people here taking stuff. i'm locked in your bathroom please come home
i'm so scared
ethan<3
oh my god princess stay where you are
i'm calling the police right now
i love you so much baby please stay safe
me
okay i love you ethan

more tears slowly fell down my cheeks, my mouth covered by my hand as i stifled my cries.

the bathroom door handle began rattling, letting me know someone was trying to get in.

i got up and climbed in the bathtub, closing the shower curtain.

"hey! this is locked. come knock it down for me!" i heard one kick on the door, making me cry harder.

i silently prayed that nothing would happen to me. i grew more and more terrified, but then realised it was quieter. until there was another pound on the door, successfully swinging it open.

i yelled as the shower curtain was pushed open, two arms wrapped around me.

"shh, shh baby. it's me, i got you. you're safe now." i quickly wrapped my arms around him, sobbing into his shoulder.

i was so absorbed in the terrifying situation that i hadn't noticed it was getting hard to breathe. i began panting, still in ethan's arms.

"princess, hey, breathe. in and out, in and out. i got you." i did as told, my breathing eventually calming.

"i-i was so scared ethan." i mumbled into his sweatshirt, clutching onto it tightly. "i know baby, i know."

once i finally calmed down, we walked back into ethan's room and laid down.

"the officer said we needed to come into the station tomorrow, just to talk so she can get as much detail as possible, okay?" i nodded, my head hiding in the crook of his neck.

i hadn't let go of his sweatshirt at all, still scared.

"hey. look at me." i looked up into his gorgeous eyes. "i got you. you're safe with me." i nodded again, sniffling.

my eyes began to get heavier and heavier by the second. a yawn escaped my mouth and ethan noticed.

"get some sleep baby. i'll be here when you wake up."

i gave into the deep sleep, my hand slowly loosening its grip on his sweatshirt.

"good night princess."

published june 12 2020
sorry i haven't updated much but i have a lot of stories planned out:)