the universe & me ; g

lol inspired by a tiktok i saw a while ago:)
TW: SUICIDE ATTEMPT READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

•••••••••••

GRAYSON'S POINT OF VIEW
i got in my car and was just about to start it so i could drive home when my phone dinged. i quickly pulled it out of my back pocket, seeing a text notification from 'y/n<3'.

i opened the messages and read through them slowly.

y/n<3:
i'm sorry.
i'm so sorry.
there's no saving me now.
i love you.
forever & always.

"forever and always." i spoke to myself. when it all finally connected, my heart dropped. "no. oh my god, no."

i sped home, as fast as i could, tears blurring my vision.

for y/n and i, the words 'forever and always' were first spoken on the rooftop of our apartment building. therefore, we made it our hiding spot, and the codename for it was

forever and always.

i pulled into the parking garage and sloppily parked, not caring if i was parked straight. that was the least of my worries.

when y/n and i first started dating, she told me about her severe depression, and later, when we were more comfortable in our relationship, she told me about her suic!de attempts.

now we've been married for about a year, and ever since our honeymoon we've been trying for a baby. but, unfortunately, we learned that her uterus is infertile, meaning she can't carry or have children. this broke her, and brought her back into the negative mindset.

i ran up the stairs to the rooftop, and when i finally reached the door, i found it was locked.

"no! no, no, no! y/n! open the door right n-now!" my voice began cracking, tears freely falling down my face. "y/n! p-please open the d-door!"

no answer. no reply.

i took a deep breath, backing away from the door. for all i know, she could be unconcious, either on the roof from overdose, or on the ground below.

i ran towards the door, throwing all of my body weight against it, praying i could push it open. i kept trying and trying, until the entire left side of my body was throbbing out pain.

i tried one last time, and fortunately the door swung open. i ran to the rooftop, scanning it in the darkness. my eyes finally landed on a dark figure, standing dangerously close to the edge.

"y/n?" the body turned towards me, and a bright flash of lightning made their face fully visible for a moment.

"oh god, y/n." i exhaled heavily, taking two large steps to her before her shaky voice stopped me.

"no! stop! take one more step and i-i'll jump!" my eyes widened and i froze in my spot, my gaze glued onto y/n.

"y/n, please. we can talk about this. please. i-i need you. i-i love you." broken sobs followed my words. my chest felt so tight, it felt hard to breathe.

"grayson, i-i can't do this anymore. it's so unfair. why does this have to happen to me?" she looked up at the sky, her arms reaching up. "why is the universe so cruel?!" she sobbed, falling down to her knees.

the both of us sat in silence, the only noises heard were our sobs and the cars passing by on the street below us.

"y/n, please. let me help you. we-we still have a life together ahead of us. we can have kids, whether it be through adoption or-or...i don't know. just, please. don't do this. i love you."

she looked up at me, her eyes softening.

"i c-can't breathe." i ran over to her, falling down beside her. i held her tighter than ever, sobbing with her.

"baby, breathe. i-i got you. i'm here."

i opened my eyes, looking up at the sky.

"thank you," i whispered to the universe.

published aug 21 2020
wow, okay. um, PLEASE KNOW THAT U ARE LOVED, U ARE CARED FOR. ILOVEYOUALL<3
also, scroll down for a face reveal:/

yikes, okay i love u
(eventually i'll probably come back to this and remove the pictures, so enjoy them while they're here<3)