pregnant > g.d

that can't be right. oh my- i looked back and forth between the three plastic tests on the bathroom counter. i covered my mouth and chuckled softly. "oh my gosh." my eyes began to tear up as i continued to stare at the three tests, each of them showing two lines.

"babe, you okay? you've been in there for a while. everything okay?" you looked in the mirror and wiped the tears and mascara off your face, trying to make yourself look like you didn't just cry. you grabbed the tests, hiding them in your pocket and unlocked the bathroom door. grayson, your husband of almost six months, was leaned against the doorway to the bathroom. he stood up straight when he saw you.

"you okay?" you nodded. "can you um, sit on the bed? i've gotta tell you something." he looked at you confused but obeyed. once he was on the bed you told him to close his eyes, which he also did. you walked in front of him and he immediately wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. you got the tests out of your pocket and held all three of them up in one hand.

"you can open your eyes now."

his eyes immediately shot open and soon found the tests in your hand. he looked at them, then at you, then back at them.

"baby are you-?" you nodded, tearing up again. he grabbed the tests to look closer at them. he looked back up at you, his eyes also tearing up. he stood up still holding the tests and picked you up as well. "baby! oh my gosh! i- i can't believe this! oh my- i have to tell my family, and yours! i-" you cut him off.

"grayson," you laughed though tears were still slowly falling. "calm down. can we at least enjoy today, soaking in the news?!" he stared at you in awe, unable to speak. "grayson, for heaven's sakes, i'm freaking pregnant. like, there is a baby, in here." you lifted your shirt right below your bra. he grabbed your waist and squatted down to be level with your stomach.

"i cannot believe this. i'm gonna be a dad!" he placed several kisses all over your stomach causing you to giggle. "and i'm gonna be a mom." he looked back up at you as you started to tear up again.

"aw baby." he stood up to embrace you again, this time holding you tighter and longer. when he finally pulled away he kissed you passionately.

"i love you," he said as he bent down again, lifting your shirt to kiss your belly for a final time. "and i love you little one." you smiled down at him as he smiled back at you.

published jan 24 2020