party > g.d

i pick my cup of sprite up off the counter to take a sip, scanning the room looking for a familiar face.

"bestie!" my best friend screams behind me. i turn to the voice and see luna running to me, a red solo cup in her hand. she finally reaches me and pulls me into a tight hug. "hey lu" i say loud enough so she can hear me over the music. "found any cute guys yet?" she asked. i only chuckled. "you know i have a boyfriend" she faked surprise and gasped making me laugh. "what?!" she yelled. "i had no idea!" she said sarcastically causing both of us to erupt into laughter. "speaking of the boy, where is he?" she glanced behind me looking for grayson. i shrugged, looking around too.

grayson had been invited to a party, which the both of us were at now. it took a long time to convince me to come with him since i'm more of the 'stay at home and watch netflix' type. he has been so busy with youtube and such, he barely sees his friends from high school. i agreed to come when he said he would start watching The Office with me if i did. guess that just tells you how much i enjoy staying home. the only reason i'm partially enjoying the party is because of luna.

"anyways," she continued," i did find a cute guy." she winked and giggled. "oh! where?" i started looking around frantically. she lifted her hand and pointed out a guy in the crowd. "right there." she whispered. i followed her finger and my eyes landed on a guy who seemed to be popular, surrounded by people. "okayy!" i giggled and took another drink of my sprite. she chuckled and drank out of her own cup. the guy looked up and met luna's eyes. he motioned for her to go over to him. she gasped and turned to me. "oh my gosh, how do i look?" she set her cup on the counter and ran her fingers through her hair. "girl you look so good! now go!" i gave her the cup she set down and she started heading his way, but i stopped her.

"hey, don't do anything stupid, okay?" she nodded and took off. seconds after i could feel my smile dropping.

suddenly two arms wrapped around me making me jump slightly. "we can leave anytime." he whispered in my ear as he left a kiss on my cheek.

i turned to face him and smiled softly. "i'm okay. anyways, you never see your friends." he shrugged and scooped my hand into his, causing my smile to come back.

his guy friends soon crowded around the island in the kitchen which is where i had been planted the entire time. "aight, spin the bottle anyone?" some guys agreed, in fact most of them did. one guy wrapped his arm around a girl while they both agreed. i grew confused as to why a couple would willingly play a game that could end with their significant other being kissed by another guy.

i yawned and laid my head on grayson's shoulder and he placed a gentle kiss on my hair. "you wanna go?" he rubbed his hand up and down my back, only adding to my already exhausted state. "is that okay with you?" i asked looking up at him. he nodded. "i don't care baby. i spent time with my friends, so i'm good." i slowly nodded, yawning again.

"hey, we're gonna head out. bye man." he gave some people hugs while doing a weird guy handshake with some others, making me chuckle softly.

he took my hand back in his and headed to his car. i climbed in the front seat while he walked around to his side. i pulled my knees up to my chest and set my head on them sleepily. grayson looked over at me and laughed.

"you look tired baby. sleep on the way home okay?" i nodded and slowly closed my eyes falling asleep slowly.
----
"baby, we're home. come on, let's get you to bed." i sat up, slowly opening my eyes. i yawned and closed my eyes again.

"hey, i'll carry you in. is that okay?" i nodded and lifted my arms to him. he stood right outside the passenger side door waiting for me. "you gotta get out first baby." he chuckled softly at my tired self. i slowly stepped outside the car and my arms rose again. he placed his hands underneath my arms and picked me up. i wrapped my legs around his torso and placed my head on his shoulder as he walked to the front door after kicking the car door shut gently.

soon enough i was laid down on a cushy mattress into which i sunk. i watched grayson walk over to his closet and bring a sweatshirt and a pair of my nike shorts to me. i took them from his hand and sleepily walked to the bathroom to change.

when i came out, grayson was wearing his sweats, no shirt, and had his back to me. i dropped the clothes i had just changed out of onto the floor and dragged my feet to where he was standing. i wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head against his upper back. "ready for bed bub?" i nodded but then realized that he couldn't see me. "mhm" i mumbled. "okay, let's get your sleepy self to sleep then." i chuckled softly at his comment which made him smile.

we both climbed into his bed and he pulled me into him. "baby?" i was tracing his abs with the tip of my pointer finger. i didn't look up at him when he spoke up, but he continued, knowing i was listening. "were you completely miserable at the party?" then i looked up at him. "no, it was fine. obviously not my kinda friday night, but luna was there so it was okay." he smiled and pulled me on top of him. i leaned in and gave him a chaste kiss.

"thank you for going with me." i smiled softly and he returned it. "i love you bubba." i whispered after putting my head on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me after pulling the covers up around us.

"i love you too."

published mar 29 2020