new to us > e.d

"i don't know ethan! is that too hard to understand?! i. don't. know." i put my head in my hands as ethan paced around the kitchen of our new apartment. at this point i honestly forgot what started the arguement, all  i know is i'm mad at him.

"well, you should know! we've talked about this before!" he slammed his hands down on the marble counter, catching me off guard.

"i-i can't do this. i'm going to bed." i walked past him and to our shared bedroom. i brushed my teeth and got in bed, my eyes tearing up.

we've been married for two months and we've already hit a rough patch. why? i thought.

soon enough i heard the door open and i turned slightly just to be able to see ethan close the bathroom door.

ethan's pov
i leaned against the counter and looked at myself in the mirror. i sighed and looked down.

"i shouldn't have yelled at her." i whispered to myself.

i brushed my teeth and prepared myself for bed.

i climbed in beside y/n, laying flat on my back. i glanced over at y/n and only saw that she had her back to me. i sighed and scooted over, leaning my head up in my hand.

"y/n? are you still awake?" i didn't get a verbal answer, but she nodded slowly. i placed my hand on her hip and my chin on her shoulder. "is this okay?" she nodded again.

"baby, i'm sorry. i-i shouldn't have yelled at you." she slowly turned over to face me. her eyes were watery and puffy. i pushed out my bottom lip as i wiped her tears away.

"i-i'm sorry too. now that i think about it, i don't even know what we were arguing about." we both chuckled. i took her hand in mine and looked into her eyes.

"i can't promise that this will get better, but i can promise that i will never leave you. i will always be by your side okay? this is new to us so i don't expect it to be easy." she nodded and i kissed her forehead.

"i love you y/n dolan." she smiled. "i love you too ethan dolan."

published apr 27 2020
don't know how i feel about this one, but i hope you enjoy it