long distance > g.d

(a/n) in this story we are going to pretend that you live in some place other than california. just pretend. unless of course you actually don't live in california lol

--------------

i plopped onto my bed and glanced at the time.

8:59pm

grayson and i decided we would facetime every night at 9 so i just had to wait. well 9 o'clock my time, 10 o'clock for him.

i kept my eyes on the clock, waiting for the 8 to change to a 9.

and then it did.

i waited again for grayson to actually call me.

and then he did.

i answered immediately, seeing the boy pop up on the screen. i smiled and turned toward the lamp on my bedside table so he could see my face.

"hey baby." i blushed at the nickname.

"hi." he stared at the camera, not saying anything. "what?" i giggled softly.

"you're just, gorgeous." i blushed again and covered my face. "stop!" he chuckled and i pulled my hand down.

"so, we meet tomorrow." i smiled really big this time, excited to finally meet the boy i have loved for almost a year now. "yeah." he smiled and rubbed his eyes.

"i haven't even met you, but i miss you." he pouted his lips, and i copied him. "gray..." i smiled and blew a kiss. he 'caught' it and placed his hand over his heart.

"well, i should probably get some sleep." i nodded. "okay, well i'll see you soon." i winked and he chuckled. "of course. tomorrow. at the airport, 11am. i have to be up at 7. in. the morning." he groaned throwing his head back, making me laugh.

"but you get to see me, so maybe it'll be worth it." his head shot back up. "any moment i spend with you is worth it. even though it's just on facetime."

we talked some more then finally decided to let each other sleep.

next morning

i woke up at 9:30 to get ready to meet grayson. i showered and got dressed in a simple but decently cute outfit. by the time i was finished it was 10:15, so i decided to head to the airport.

30 minutes later and i arrived. i sat nervously in the parking lot, waiting for the clock to change to 10:50 so i could go in without having to wait for forever.

time skip

i walked inside the airport, anxiously playing with the strings of my hoodie as i waited for grayson.

grayson's pov

i walked off the plane and rushed to baggage claim. my suitcase was pretty big and fully packed, since i would be staying for two months.

the second i grabbed my bag off the counter, and turned and rushed to the exit, where y/n and i planned to meet.

i quickly looked around, hoping to see her face.

and then,
there she was, as beautiful as ever.

we made eye contact and i smiled so big as i watched her cover her mouth, running to me. i let go of my suitcase and opened my arms right as she jumped into me, wrapping her arms and legs around me. my arms wrapped around her back as i took in her smell.

"grayson." i chuckled, feeling my eyes well up. "you're actually here." she pulled back and landed back on the floor. i nodded and leaned in, our lips colliding in a perfect way.

i pulled back, still holding on to her waist. "i-" my sentence is cut off by a deeper male voice. "hey! you are blocking the exit! please move!" my eyes widen and y/n grabs my hand leading us out to her car. we put my luggage in the back and we both get in the front.

skip car ride // y/n's pov

"so this is my humble abode." i open the door wide enough for grayson to come in with his bag. "cute house babe." i smile. "tour?" he nods and leaves his bag by the door. he grabs my hand and we start the tour.

"and finally, this is my room, well i guess our room for the next two months." i look up at him just as he tackles me onto the bed.

"gray!" he hovers over me, staring into my eyes. he kisses me again, this time its longer and more passionate than the one in the airport.

"i'm so excited to spend these two months with you baby." he whispers.

"me too."

published apr 26 2020