family > g.d

i headed downstairs to noah, my 3 year old son. he was seated on the couch watching his last cartoon before bedtime.

"you getting sleepy yet noah?" he shook his head. i looked at the time. 8:34pm. so grayson should be home shortly. i walked into the kitchen to start unloading the dishwasher, and i had finished that task at 8:38. almost immediately after the front door opened and i turned around to see grayson, looking sleepy as ever.

"daddy!" he got up off the couch and ran to grayson, who squatted down to embrace noah. he stood up with noah in his arms. "hey buddy. i missed you." grayson kissed his cheek and noah giggled. i walked over to them both hugging grayson's bicep and staring at noah. "mommy, daddy's home!" i chuckled. "i see that baby." i turned to grayson and pecked his lips. noah wanted to get back down so grayson set him carefully on the ground. i walked back over into the kitchen and set my elbows on the island, placing my head in my hands.

grayson came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his head on my right shoulder. "hey mama. how you holding up?" he whispered and placed a chaste kiss right below my ear. the house had been kind of chaotic since grayson got the promotion at his job. he was called in to work 5 out of 7 days, sometimes less if he worked more hours on some days. he was only home on weekends basically.

i sighed. "not too great if i being honest." i turned my face to face his and he had a pouty look positioned on his face. i laughed shortly and sighed again. "this sucks." i said before leaning into his chest tiredly. he wrapped his muscular arms around my smaller body, planting a kiss on my head while doing so. "what sucks baby?" i shrugged and let out another deep breath.

"i mean, barely getting to see you, having to take care of noah by myself, it-it's a lot." grayson sighed and rested his chin on top of my head. he hugged me even tighter than before. "okay," he pulled away from me and leaned against the island, crossing his arms over his chest. "so today at work my boss came into my office and we talked for a while. she told me about all the things she needed me to do and i'm not going to lie, it's a lot." i frowned at his words and looked down at my feet. "but i said no. i'm not doing it. i told her i couldn't do the amount of work anymore. not the several hours, several days of the week." his words made me look up at him immediately. "wait really?" he nodded with a soft smile on his face.

"yeah. when she was talking about everything i still had to do in the next few weeks, i realized just how much i missed you, and noah." i smiled at him and pecked his lips softly.

"i love you." i whispered before feeling a small hand tap my leg. i looked down and saw noah. i picked him up and kissed his cheek. "you ready for bed baby?" he nodded sleepily and rubbed his eyes. grayson kissed his forehead before swooping him out of my arms and jogging towards the stairs, causing noah to let out several laughs.

"hey. don't get him worked up. we're trying to get him to bed, you know." i scolded. "yeah daddy. it's bedtime." noah put his pointer finger in grayson's face and i had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. "oh okay. i'm sorry bud." grayson glanced back at me and smiled, also trying not to laugh.

"you guys go ahead. i'll be up in a second okay?" noah nodded before resting his head on grayson's shoulder. i winked at grayson and smiled before he walked up the stairs carefully. i sighed happily when the both of them had disappeared around the corner. i grabbed a water bottle and noah's nighttime gummies that i almost forgot to give him and headed upstairs.

i turned the corner and grayson was walking out of noah's bedroom. when he saw me he smiled softly and pulled me into his arms, planting a kiss on my head. "he wants you to tell him good night." i chuckled softly and removed myself from grayson's tight grip, walking to noah's room.

he was laying on his side, facing the door, and when he saw me he sat up. i walked over to him and sat down. he crawled into my lap and wrapped his arms around my torso, his head resting on my chest. "mommy?" he whispered. "hmm?" i stroked his hair which seemed to calm him down most of the time. "is daddy gonna work tomorrow?" i smiled remembering that grayson actually wasn't going to have to work much anymore. "no baby. he's not. he'll be here when you wake up." noah looked up at me and smiled widely. i smiled back down at him and stood up, still holding him in my arms. then i got an idea.

"noah, you wanna sleep in mommy and daddy's room tonight?" he nodded his head vigorously. i placed him down and he took off to our bedroom. i giggled softly and followed after him.

i reached the bedroom and heard quiet whispers coming from inside. i opened the door and saw movement under the covers. they attempted to hide from me, but i decided to play along. "hmm, now where are my boys? i wonder." i heard giggles come from both of them. i suddenly pulled the blanket off of them and noah burst into uncontrollable laughter. "ahh! daddy she found us!"

"she did didn't she?" grayson said before tackling noah playfully on the bed. i crawled in beside grayson and tapped his shoulder. he turned his head to face me, smiling. "it's bedtime." he nodded and turned back to noah. i heard him whisper something and then saw noah crawl over grayson and laid beside me, cuddling into my side. i smiled down at him and played with his hair.

i laid down beside him and pulled him into my chest while grayson held the both of us.

"i love you grayson." i whispered over noah's head. "what about me momma?!" grayson and i laughed together. "i love you to the moon and back baby." i kissed his forehead and he wrapped his arms even tighter around my waist. "i love you mommy. and i love you daddy." he whispered.

grayson leaned over noah to kiss me. "i love you. and you noah." he kissed the top of noah's head.

"i love our family." noah whispered before drifting to sleep.

published feb 11 2020
sorry i have updated in a while. i'm working on school and also writing, but i have look limited time. i hope you understand. i also hope you enjoyed this random update :)