snowy > e.d

"mommy!! wake up!" i slowly open my eyes to see my baby girl straddling my stomach, shaking me awake.

"josie what is it? it's...7 in the morning." she looked over to the window and pointed, forcing me to look. my eyes widened slightly when i saw the white blanket that rested upon the ground, cars, and houses.

"can i wake daddy up? so he can see too?" i nodded and yawned while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. josie is 4 years old and an only child, for now.

i've been pregnant for 2 months, and since it's almost Christmas, ethan and i decided to surprise josie with the new baby!

"daddy! wake up and look out!!" ethan slowly sat up beside me.

"what is it baby?" she pointed outside like she did for me, a big and bright smile plastered on her sweet, chubby-cheeked face. his eyes widened like mine did when he saw the snow.

"oh my gosh. this is- this is legendary. california never gets snow. ever! that's insane. wow!" he walked over to the window where josie was standing. he picked her up and they both looked out at the snow.

i got up from the bed and walked over to them, wrapping my arms around ethan, resting my head on his back.

"babe did you see-" i cut him off mud sentence by laughing softly. "did i see the snow? yeah, how could i not when our daughter woke me up at 7 just for me to see 1½ inches of snow?" he laughed with me. he pulled me around to his side while he held josie on the other side. he wrapped his arm around me, letting it rest on my hip and i wrapped my arms around his waist.

"i love you. and josie..." he said the next part very quietly so josie wouldn't hear. "...and our little one who is on the way." he winked down at me before kissing me softly.

"i love you too. and josie...and our little one." i mocked him and started laughing.

"ready for breakfast jos?" she nodded so we all went downstairs to eat.

published dec 20 2019