you > e.d

ethan💘
3:57am

ethan💘: hey baby, wanna
do something?

you: ethan, it's 4am.
what could we
possibly do?

ethan💘: drive? just a
late night date with
my girl. ;) <3

you: pick me up in 30.

i stretched slowly and then rolled out of bed. i grabbed ethan's pink sweatshirt out of my closet andput on my AF1's. i went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth, just so i didn't look like crap, even though ethan wouldn't care. he's like that. he loves how i look no matter what i look like. that's one of the many, many things i love about him.

after i brushed my hair, i walked back into my room and climbed onto my bed, scrolling through instagram while waiting for ethan to text that he was here. no longer than 2 minutes later, he texted me.

ethan💘
4:34am

ethan💘: i'm here baby.

you: okay, i'm coming out now

i got up off my bed and ran downstairs and out the door. i saw ethan wave at me from inside his car, and i smiled before waving back. i hopped in the passenger seat before pecking his lips softly.

"hey eth, what are we doing at 4:30 in the morning?" i said sleepily. he chuckled lightly and placed his hand on my thigh.

"just driving." i laughed at him and laid my hand on his. he pulled out of my driveway and began driving away from my house.

the entire time we just sang along to our favorite songs, danced, and had deep conversations. never once did i let go of his hand.

ethan soon pulled into an empty parking lot, overlooking LA. "y/n come here. i have a surprise for you." by this time it was 6:50, which told us we had been driving around for 2 hours straight, and i loved every second of it.

he walked around the front of the car and opened the door for me, holding my hand as i climbed out.

"why thank you kind sir." he smirked and bowed, acting as if i was the queen. we both laughed as he lifted his torso up again. we intertwined our fingers and he led me to the back of the car.

"go ahead. open it." confused, i walked to the back door and swung it open, revealing a pallet of blankets and pillows for us to lie on. i gasped before turning back to ethan. he nodded his head towards the makeshift bed, and i jumped into the back of the car, ethan following my movements.

he leaned his back against the backseats of the car and i climbed in between his legs, my back resting on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me, intertwining his fingers and resting them on my stomach. i played with his fingers as we began talking again.

"ethan?" i stayed in my position but lifted my head up to look at him. "hmm?" he looked down at me, smiling. i smiled back before talking.

"thank you." he then had a confused look on his face. "for what baby?"

"for everything. everything you've done for me. you buy me flowers and spoil me to death, but you also take me on cute dates like this one. i love you so much for that. thank you." he kissed you softly, not loosening his grip around your waist. he pulled away slowly, but kept his forehead on yours. "i love you more than life itself." you blushed lightly at his tender words. he kissed your forehead and you closed your eyes, turning your head back so it was facing forward. when you opened your eyes, they immediately widened.

"ethan! look!" you pointed out at the sunrise coming over the buildings. he finally loosened his grip and you scooted forward to let your legs hang out of the back of the car. you heard ethan move forward too so he was sitting beside you. he looked over at your face which was glowing with the early morning rays coming from the sun. you kept your eyes on the sunrise, while ethan kept his own eyes on, in his opinion, the better view.

you.

you finally glanced over at ethan and laughed. "whatcha lookin' at?" you giggled while he kept a straight face, with a small smirk on it.

"you." you blushed and looked down at your hands which sat in your lap. he leaned toward you and placed both hands on either cheek, lifting your face to look at him.

"please don't hide your gorgeous face, baby. that's why i was staring: your beautiful face, eyes, and smile which seemed to only glow brighter in the sunlight. i love you baby doll."

you leaned in and kissed his lips softly.

"i love you more."

published jan 07 2020