blueberry pancakes > g.d

for rin <3 snatchcd

i woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking. i sighed contentedly knowing grayson was back at it with his cooking skills. breakfast was my least favorite meal of the day until i started dating grayson and tasted his blueberry pancakes. i rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes before walking into the bathroom to make myself more presentable, even though grayson doesn't care how i look.

i brushed my hair out and left it down and then headed to the kitchen.

grayson had his back to me as he stood at the stove, scrambling the eggs. i walked up behind him and placed my arms around his waist and my cheek up against his warm, uncovered back.

"good morning rin baby" i smiled softly at the nickname and released my grip on him. i walked around the counter and sat in one of the three barstools we had. i propped my head up in my hand and closed my eyes.

"how'd my pretty girl sleep" he questioned. i opened my eyes right as he turned to glance at me, smiling. i hummed softly. "good" he nodded and continued making breakfast. "good" he repeated.

"can i help you please" he turned to face me and smiled. "of course baby" i hopped out of my chair and walked to him. "k, what first" i ask. he tells me what he needs in order to make the pancake batter.

i attempt to reach the bowls which are in a cabinet on a shelf too high for me to reach. i stood on my tippy-toes, reaching and reaching, but failing. i look over at grayson who is now putting the eggs on two different plates for both of us.

"gray" he looks over at me and i point up to the bowls. "oh" he chuckles softly. "my little princess can't reach, can she" he mocks me playfully, making me roll my eyes at him.

he starts making the batter as i sit on the counter. it gets quiet, almost too quiet. so-

"alexa, play the playlist 'for rin' from spotify" i blush slightly as i remember the first time he told me about the playlist he made for me, which features my favorite songs.

as he continues to cook, i hop off the counter and dance around. he turns around to glance at me causing a smile and small laugh to erupt from him. i continue dancing until he finishes. he turns off the stove and hands me a plate with three blueberry pancakes, some eggs, and bacon. i walk to the table and sit down, grayson following suit.

"thank you for making breakfast for me" i smile at him before digging in to the always delicious pancakes. "thank you for helping me bub"

i swallow my first bite of pancake and sigh. "these blueberry pancakes never disappoint"

published mar 27 2020
rin,
i hope you enjoyed the blueberry pancakes ;) feel free to request again anytime <3