nap with me? ; e

i looked to my left, slowly moving my eyes from the playing TV in front of me to my boyfriend, who had fallen asleep.

i groaned quietly, turning on my side and leaning on my elbow to see his face better. his eyes were closed and relaxed, his eyebrows slightly furrowed, and his mouth slightly parted.

i stared at him, taking in his peaceful, sleeping presence.

the longer i sat, the more i wanted for him to wake up, so of course i had to "subtly" wake him.

i started by shaking him slightly, then got only a tiny bit more aggresive.

he still wouldn't wake up, but as another idea came to mind, i smirked before going along with it.

i straddled his waist, figuring the weight would wake him, but nothing. not even some stirring.

i groaned again, sliding off of him. i laid down next to him, my index finger rising to trace his features.

i slowly pulled my hand away, watching as his face slowly scrunched, something i've come to learn that he does when he's waking up.

"baby..." he groggy, sleepy voice never fails to send chills down my entire body.

"hi." i whispered innocently. his eyes slowly opened up, squinting at the afternoon sunlight coming in the window.

"what have i told you about waking me up from my power naps?" he closed his eyes again, draping his arm over my waist.

even when he was upset with me, he always kept his soft side, continously loving on me.

"you tell me not to wake you up." i say sadly, assuming he would go back to sleep.

i looked into his eyes, his stern glare softening. his brought his hand up to my cheek, his thumb caressing it gently.

"baby, just so you know, i'm not mad, okay?" i nodded, pursing my lips. "but i am still sleepy. nap with me?"

i smiled, my nose scrunching slightly.

"sure." i cuddled close, my head resting on his chest. his arm that was still draped across my body now moved so his hand could go up the back of my shirt, softly rubbing my back.

"good night my love." he whispered, his groggy voice sending butterflies to my stomach.

"good night."

published aug 17 2020