meeting his mom > e.d

e: y/n, you gotta get up. we have to leave in an hour.
you groaned and rolled over, snuggling into his chest. he chuckled softly, rubbing your back.
e: come on. you're gonna meet my mom today, remember?
you opened your eyes and looked at ethan.
y: i forgot.
e: you have to get ready! i told her we would be over at noon and it's 11 right now. i don't wanna be late.
you got out of bed and stretched. ethan gave you a tight hug and you put your head on his chest, his chin resting on the top of your head.
e: alright, you go get ready and i'll fix breakfast, okay?
you nodded and began to get dressed. once you were ready, you went downstairs and saw ethan standing at the stove, making scrambled eggs. you walked over to him, hugging him from behind.
y: it smells good.
he turned around in your arms and kissed your forehead.
e: once we eat we'll be ready to go okay?
you nodded and walked to the kitchen island, jumping up and sitting on it.
once ethan finished your breakfast he brought a plate over to you while holding his own.
ethan finished his breakfast and you had barely touched the eggs.
e: you not hungry? what's wrong?
you shrugged your shoulders and rubbed your eyes sleepily.
e: baby what's wrong?
he positioned himself in between your legs and wrapped his arms around your waist.
y: i'm just- i don't know. i'm scared.
e: scared? of what?
y: that your mom won't like me.
you started sniffling but didn't want to cry.
e: y/n she's going to love you!
y: but-
e: no buts. she will love you. i promise. i mean, what's not to love?
he kissed your cheek, causing a small giggle to leave your lips.
e: come on, let's not leave her waiting.
- 30 minutes later -
you arrived at lisa's (ethan's mom) house. ethan started getting out of the car when you grabbed his arm. he turned back to you, looking into your eyes and seeing the nervousness in them.
e: y/n, i promise. she will love you to pieces.
you gave him a weak smile before getting out of the car. you walked hand-in-hand to the front door where ethan knocked. lisa soon opened the door.
l: ethan! hi. i've missed you.
they both hugged for a couple seconds and when lisa pulled away, she immediately noticed you.
e: uh mom, this is y/n. y/n this is my mom.
you stuck out your hand but she pulled you in for a hug.
l: it's so nice to finally meet you y/n! you're all ethan talks about!
you looked at ethan and he blushed.
you went inside and ethan gave you a tour of the house.
l: come on guys! lunch is ready!
you both headed back downstairs and ate. once you finished you helped lisa clean up the kitchen while ethan went out in the back yard with grayson.
g: mom so totally loves her.
e: yep. she was so nervous before, but now it's like she's known mom her whole life. i'm so happy.
g: and i'm happy that your happy bro.
they came back inside. you and lisa were sitting on the couch looking through a photo album of ethan.
some of the ones that ethan saw were embarrassing to him, so he put the book away.
after a while, ethan decided it was time to get going.
e: bye mom. love you.
l: bye ethan love you too.
they hugged and then lisa came over to you.
y: it was so nice to meet you, mrs. dolan.
l: please, call me lisa. it was nice to meet you too! don't be a stranger!
she gave you a hug.
you and ethan left.
e: she loved you baby.
you smiled, holding ethan's hand.
e: i knew she was going to love you.
y: i know, you kept telling me all morning.
you both laughed.
y: she's so nice. i love her too.
you smiled at ethan and he brought your hand to his mouth to kiss the back of it.
e: i'm glad.

----------------------

word count: 704
don't forget to vote and comment! <3