editing > g.d

"gray! i'm home!" i slipped off my van slip-ons and ran up the stairs. i had been out with my friends just to catch up all day, and it's now almost 8 o'clock at night.

i peeked through the cracked door to see grayson sitting at his desk, his headphones on, and his back to me. i set my bag and phone down on the bed and walk over to him. i wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my chin on his shoulder. i felt him jump slightly, making me smile. "hi." i mumbled when he took his headphones off. "hey. you scared me. you have fun?" i nodded and kissed his cheek. "have you been editing all this time?" he nodded and yawned, making me frown. "have you had a break?" he shook his head and spun around in his desk chair, facing me.

"come on. you should rest." he thought for a moment and then turned back around. "i gotta finish this." i sighed and laid back on my elbows as he put his headphones back on. i watched him move clips around and watch the same 10 seconds over and over again. i groaned and got up, walking over to him again. i took off his headphones, earning a 'hey!' from him.

"this can wait. i can't." i grabbed his hand and led him over to the bed where we both sat down. i leaned back and he watched me, yawning again. he put his hand on my thigh and i looked down at him through my eyelashes.

"i'm tired." i whispered, making him purse his lips. "that makes two of us then." he mumbled, turning to look at his laptop. i sat up and grabbed his face gently, turning him to face me. "don't worry about it. this is what you were trying to get out of when you guys stopped posting weekly: stress. okay?" he nodded and sighed.

i looked over at the clock. 9:00pm. "so,  do you wanna sleep now? or we could do face masks to calm down and then sleep?" he thought for a moment before mumbling out "face masks", making me smile.

i got up off the bed and reached my hand out, making him smile softly as he took it. we walked to the bathroom and he sat down on the closed toilet as i searched for the face mask he got me a while ago. i finally found it, along with two headbands. i put mine on and giggled as i put one on grayson. he rolled his eyes, smiling.

i put mine on and listened to grayson rant about his work and how stressed he's been recently.

"you're so beautiful baby." he said out of the blue, which made me smile. "stop it! you're gonna make me mess up!" i blushed, but he couldn't tell because of my mask.

"okay, okay. your turn!" i turned to him, holding the mask out in front of him. "can you do it for me?" i rolled my eyes but eventually gave in when he gave me a pouty look.

i stood in front of his seated body, in between his legs. he wrapped his arms around my waist as i carefully applied the mask. he kept scrunching his nose, making the mask smear. "gray stop! you're messing it up!" he laughed at my flustered state. "okay, sorry."

i finished putting it on and then while we waited we watched tiktok. i also attempted to teach him a dance, but you can only imagine how that went.

when it came time to wash off the masks, we did so, and then crawled into bed.

"thank you baby, for getting my mind off of everything." i smiled, playing with his hair. "you're welcome."

"i love you."

published may 30 2020
hihihi!!! i recently posted another request page thingy! so if you want a story made for you go comment on "4ou2"!!!! i love you all<3