with you > e.d

"e-ethan! stop!" i laughed even louder as ethan continued to tickle my sides. after a few more moments, he finally stopped. "well, now you know what happens when you say that i 'suck at wii bowling'!" i just laughed again, remembering why he started tickling me in the first place. "how on earth did we get to that?" he scoffed and shook his head. "do you think i'd know?" we both laughed.

i stared into his eyes as he hovered over my body. "have i ever told you how beautiful you are?" i blushed. "at least five times a day." i giggled but he stayed silent. "good. 'cause you are. beautiful." he stroked my jawline up to my cheek and i leaned my face into his hand.

"we should probably get up and ready for the day." he rolled off of me, groaning. "but i like being lazy!" i chuckled softly and rolled out of bed. ethan, who was still in bed, turned onto his side so he could watch me. i walked over to my bag that had all my clothes in it, since i spent the weekend at the dolan's house. 'why?' you may ask. well, cameron has been in the hospital since friday, waiting for her baby girl to be born. and, since she asked me to be the godmother of her baby, lisa insisted that i be there when the baby is brought into the world.

"you know," ethan walked up to me smirking. "we could just stay in today, in bed and-" i placed my hand on his uncovered chest and pushed him away. "ethan grant dolan, your sister could go into labor any second now! stop that!" he chuckled. "you sound like a mom." he hugged me from behind and kissed my neck. i chuckled softly and walked into the bathroom to get changed and ready for the day.

when i came out ethan was on the phone with someone, and i immediately assumed it was his mom telling him that cameron was going into labor.

"um o-okay. we'll be right there mom!" he hung up and looked at me with a smile. "that was my mom! cam's gone into labor!"

guess i was right.

we both quickly put our shoes on and ran out the door. we hopped into ethan's jeep and he drove as fast as he could to the hospital. lucky us we didn't get pulled over.

"uh we're looking for my sister, cameron dolan?" he spoke quickly to the receptionist at the front desk of the hospital. she scanned over the screen in front of her. "any time now please!" he raised his voice slightly. i wrapped my arm around his and held his hand, stroking the back of it with my thumb. he looked down at me and his face immediately softened as he smiled.

"okay um she's in room 267. on floor two. elevators that way." she pointed to her left and ethan took off, still holding my hand in his. "ethan! slow down!" we finally reached the elevator and he pressed the up button quite violently.

"ethan. ethan!" he was breathing heavily and biting his fingernails nervously when he looked at me. i grabbed his face in my hands and he stared into my eyes. "listen, i understand that cam is in labor, and that she's your sister. but you have to calm down okay? you kind of snapped at the lady back at the desk who was only doing her job. baby, i'm not mad at you but just relax. everything will be okay. i promise." he smiled softly and then the elevator dinged and opened. we walked inside and headed to the second floor.

the elevator doors opened with another beep and ethan immediately took off down the hallway. "ethan!" i whispered yelled, in case anyone was sleeping. he automatically slowed down because he knew what i was gonna say.

"i'm sorry. i'm just so nervous. anything could happen." i smiled at him and soon enough we reached room 267. even before the door was opened we both could hear cameron inside screaming and cursing in pain. i winced at the sound and ethan's breaths began to speed up again. i rubbed his hand and he opened the door.

"y/n! oh my gosh!" cameron yelled. lisa was standing on one side of the bed with cameron's husband on the other. i made eye contact with lisa and she made face that asked if i could take over, to which i nodded and ran over to take lisa's position. cameron immediately gripped my hand when it was within reach and held it so tightly i thought it might fall off.

"keep going cam! you're almost there!" the doctor nodded and smiled. "indeed! i can see the head now." i looked down at cameron to see a layer of sweat along her forehead, then looked up at ethan, who wasn't looking at cameron, or his mom. no, but at me. i smiled at him and refocused my attention to cameron.

about 30 minutes to an hour later baby olivia lisa was brought into the world. cameron held her close as her and her husband, josh, looking down at her in awe, some tears falling. ethan walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. now ethan and i fell into the baby's beautiful hazel eyes.

"she already looks so much like you cam." i whispered and cameron smiled before looking up at me. "you wanna hold her?" i nodded and gently took the baby from cameron's arms.

as olivia laid in my arms i teared up, realizing just how much i wanted this. no tears were actually shed and no one noticed that i almost cried, thankfully. my reason for tears would've caused everyone to laugh at me. (a/n lol i'm actually like this. i'm a very sensitive person)

ethan stood behind me, peering over my shoulder. olivia grabbed my pinkie finger and curled her little-bitty fingers around it. "aww." i whispered. everyone giggled, including me. "ethan, hold her." i said gently.

"i- she's so fragile though. i don't know. i-"

cameron cut him off. "ethan dolan, you better hold your niece." she scolded causing everyone to erupt into quiet laughter to not scare the newborn. i passed olivia off to ethan and he held her tightly. "she's so tiny." ethan whispered. i nodded and wrapped my arm around his bicep, intertwining my fingers together.

i want this so badly. with ethan. with ethan only. i thought.

ethan looked down at me and smiled, his eyes twinkling a little bit.

ethan and i stayed at the hospital until 7 at night, just because we wanted to give cameron and josh some alone time with their new baby girl.

before we left i kissed cameron in the cheek and olivia on her forehead. "congratulations cam. love you." i whispered since olivia was asleep. cameron blew me a kiss as we walked out the door.

ethan swooped my hand into his and brought it to his mouth to kiss it softly, making eye contact with me while doing so. we walked to his car and headed back to the house.

we finally arrived and ethan turned the car off but stayed still and quiet in his seat.

"ethan? come on, let's get inside." he looked over at me, his eyes brimming with tears. "e-eth?" he smiled as a single tear fell.

"in the hospital," he paused to clear his throat before continuing. "watching you, watching how you interacted with cameron and olivia. i've never been so sure about this before but.." he stared deep into your eyes. "i want to have a family with you. maybe not now, maybe not even 5 years from now. but i do. and i want to spend forever with you." i didn't even notice or care that i had started crying.

"oh ethan." i whimpered and he pulled me into a warm, tight hug. "i love you." i muttered into his shoulder. i felt him pull me in even closer to his body. "i love you more baby girl."

published feb 1 2020