ramen > e.d

i grabbed the instant noodles out of the microwave, got a fork, and walked over to the couch to eat it. i was watching The Office all over again for the third time.

i was so into the show that i didn't hear footsteps trotting down the stairs. ethan sat down beside me, his hand immediately landing on my thigh. "ramen" he questioned quietly. i nodded, my eyes still glued to the tv. ramen just happened to be our favorite food to make, since it was both easy and delicious. he snatched the fork from my hand and took a bite. i was fine with one bite, but when he went back for a second, i spoke up.

"uh uh, no no no! my ramen, you fix your own" my eyebrows scrunched together as i looked over at ethan. he faked a pout, trying to get me to change my mind. "not working, you aren't eating my ramen" he sighed and threw his head back in frustration. "but..." he groaned and got up off the couch to fix himself some noodles.

i put my attention back on the tv until he came back to me. i looked over at his food and smirked. "see, wasn't that hard" i giggled at his semi-angry expression. i went to grab his fork to take a bite, but he pulled the entire bowl away from me.

"what do you think you're doing princess" i scoffed. "you took a bite of mine, so i get a bite of yours. it's only fair" he shook his head. "you have your own! so eat that" he tilted his head down, motioning to the warm bowl in my hands. "eth come on, gimme a bite so it's fair" i exclaimed. he shook his head still holding the bowl away from me. then i got an idea.

i hopped into his lap, straddling his waist, after placing my ramen on the coffee table. "please baby. make it fair" i gave him my signature puppy dog eyes which seemed to work almost every time. he looked down avoiding eye contact because he knew how dangerous my eyes were. so i grabbed his face gently in my hands, pulling him to look at me. "pwease" i added my baby voice, which even added to the eyes. he sighed. "i hate when you do that to me" he whispered as he handed me the fork. i smiled and took a bite. "thank you" i attempted to climb off his lap but he just held me there.

"you can turn around, but i want you here. right here princess" he did the puppy dog eyes on me, but i knew better. "babe, you don't have to beg me to sit in your lap. i'd do it anyways" i turned around and grabbed my bowl off the table. my attention was now back on the tv.

suddenly small kisses were being trailed along my neck, making me sigh. "e, is this all you wanted? is this why i'm sitting here" he remained silent, kissing my neck so i shrugged and kept watching

my ramen in my hands and the love of my life behind me.

published mar 27 2020
i honestly don't know what this is. i got this idea yesterday when i ate ramen lol but i guess it seemed cuter in my head. anyways i hope you enjoyed :)