mommy p4 > e.d

last part<3

mackenzie ran into our room and quickly jumped on it, waking y/n and i up in the process. "mack." i heard y/n whisper.

"hi mommy! hi daddy! it's mornin'!" i rubbed my eyes before slowly sitting up. "it is princess." i looked over at the alarm clock on my beside table. 8:36am. it could definitely be worse. in fact, this is later than usual. usually, mack is in our room before 7am, so i'm thankful she slept in.

"are we going on a walk today? like you promised?" she looked at me with her hands clasped under her chin, with puppy dog eyes. "yeah, we will. we can do it after lunch though okay?" y/n looked over at me, still laying down. "or we could do a picnic?" mackenzie instantly cheered which made me agree to that idea quickly.

y/n and i soon got out of bed and the three of us walked downstairs for breakfast.

y/n's pov
"do you want cereal mack?" she nodded and ran to the couch where ethan was turning on her cartoons. i chuckled as i fixed her breakfast.

"okay baby go to the table please." she pouted. "okay mommy!" i almost aww'd out loud but caught myself. even after being her "mommy" for a while, i haven't gotten fully used to be called that. it makes my heart flutter each time.

we all ate breakfast together at the table and talked about where we wanted to have the picnic. mackenzie suggested the beach, but ethan said we'd probably get sand in our food. that made mack laugh so hard she almost spilt her cereal. i finally suggested the place where ethan proposed. it's near a lake and has grass everywhere. both ethan and mackenzie agreed, so we started getting ready.

ethan and i got fully dressed first, then he went to get mackenzie ready while i fixed lunch. i made sandwiches, a small fruit bowl, and got some water bottles. i put all of the food in a cooler to keep it cold.

ethan's pov
i put mackenzie in her tiny nike shorts and a t-shirt that she got when she went shopping with y/n. she said she wanted two braids in her hair this time but i don't know how to braid, so i just brushed her hair and sent her down to y/n.

we both walked downstairs just as y/n finished packing the cooler. "mommy, can you braid my hair?" y/n turned around and glanced between mack and i. "of course baby. go sit down." she ran over to the couch, and i followed.

"eth, do you not know how to braid?" i shook my head. "i was raised with an older sister, yes, but cameron would never let me even touch her hair!"

y/n finished mack's hair and she looked so adorable. "thank you momma!" i saw a smile slowly form on y/n's face, which made me smile.

"okay, are we ready to go?" mackenzie nodded quickly and rushed to the door. "let's go!"

y/n put mackenzie in her booster seat in the back of the car and then got in the front with me. "alrighty, you ready princess?" i looked in the rearview mirror and saw mackenzie looking out the window. "uh huh." i chuckled and pulled out of the driveway. "okay, let's go!"

y/n's pov
we finally reached the picnic place and we all got out of the car. mackenzie ran off to play with her babydoll and ethan and i unpacked the car. i made sure to get a beach towel, so we didn't have to sit on the grass while we ate.

ethan chose a spot semi-close to the lake to sit down. i spread out the towel and he put the cooler down. "mackenzie you wanna eat now?" she ran over and sat down on the towel. "sure." i gave her the pb&j i made and also got out the fruit, setting it in the middle so everyone could have some.

mackenzie finished and ran off to play some more before we went home. i was sitting in between ethan's legs, my back pressed against his chest as we both faced the lake. "can't believe not even an entire year has passed since we got married." he murmured. i smiled as i shoved some more fruit in my mouth. "and now, we are as happy as can be. i'm so glad i met you y/n dolan." i looked up at him just as mackenzie came over. "ready to go already baby?" she nodded and yawned. i looked down at my phone for the time and saw we had been here for 2½ hours. it's now almost four o'clock. "okay, we can go home, shower and maybe watch some movies? sound good?" she nodded and leaned onto my stomach so i played with her tiny braids. "okay mommy." she mumbled.

published may 9 2020
i hope you enjoyed this little series! i'm open for requests again! so let me know<3