right where i wanna be > e.d

ethan walked in the door as you and your children, elizabeth (3yrs) and luke (5yrs), were watching a movie on the couch in the living room.

i glanced over at him before gasping playfully. "guys, look who's home." i pointed at ethan standing in the kitchen, telling lizzy and luke to look that way, which is what they both did.

"DADDY!" lizzy yelled. she ran over to him and he picked her up, covering her in sweet kisses. "hi baby!" lizzy giggled as he continued to kiss her. he gently placed her down and looked down to see luke.

"hi dad!" ethan smiled and ruffled luke's hair causing a small laugh to erupt from his lips. ethan looked up making eye contact with me. i smiled as he walked over to me. i stood up from the couch, waiting for a hug with my arms stretched out. he picked me up and spun me around causing me to giggle.

"welcome home." i said quietly. he placed me down and kissed me.

"ew!" both lizzy and luke were watching from the couch. ethan and i looked at each other laughing.

"what?" ethan asked. "you want me to do it again?" he pulled me back in for another kiss, but this one was sloppy since we were trying to humor our kids. they both chuckled before watching the TV again. ethan gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"i'm gonna make dinner. spaghetti sound good?" luke and lizzy cheered loudly. i looked at ethan and he smirked softly, nodding. "alright.. spaghetti it is!"

i was almost done with dinner when ethan came up behind me and hugged me, leaving small soft kisses on the back and sides of my neck. not in a sexual way, but in a cute way.

"luke! lizzy! dinner's ready!" they both got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

"mmm, smells good!" luke exclaimed.

"mhm, smells delish!" lizzy said, causing everyone to laugh.

i set the food on the table along with everyone's choice drink and we began to eat.

-time skip: bedtime-

8:00. it was time for lizzy to go bed.

"lizzy! come on baby. let's go to bed, okay?" she whined at my words. "but i wanna watch with luke!" she hugged her brother.

"baby, it's time for bed. come on. you can watch in the morning." she smiled softly.

"good night luke." she said while giving him a hug. "good night lizzy."

we walked upstairs together, meeting with ethan at the top. he followed us into lizzy's room, which was right next to mine and ethan's.

i tucked her in and kissed her head.

"good night liz. go to sleep okay?" she nodded and rubbed her eyes sleepily. "i love you baby doll." ethan said quietly, kissing her head as well. "i love you daddy..." she said as she closed her eyes and turned on her side, her back to us. we walked out quietly and cracked her door.

we walked downstairs and saw luke, half asleep on the couch.

"luke, come on. why don't we go to bed okay?" he nodded and walked upstairs to his room. he climbed into his bed.

"good night luke. i love you." he yawned. "i love you too mommy." i smiled and stepped back, allowing ethan to step forward and do the same thing, also ruffling his hair.

we walked out of the bedroom and closed the door.

we walked to our room quietly, sure to not wake lizzy.

i tiptoed into the bathroom to brush my hair and my teeth, which both kids had done before bed. ethan walked in as i was brushing my teeth and hugged me from behind. i finished my teeth and turned around to face him.

"how was your day?" i asked.

"eh, kinda stressful. i had to go to two different meetings, one that i didn't even know about until i got to work." i frowned and he noticed.

"but it's all good now, because i'm right where i wanna be." i smiled and kissed him.

"i love you."

"i love you too."