gas station > g.d

"babe, wanna go for a drive?" grayson asked me from the kitchen, swinging his keys back and forth. i smiled and stood up, stretching before walking to him. "sure. where to?" i wrapped my arms around his torso, looking up at him as he stared straight over me into nothing, trying to look like he was thinking.

"well, what i was thinking was, i don't know, the gas station?" i laughed out loud and he looked down at me, smiling. "what? is it bad that i wanna get some snacks for us?! so we can have a relaxing movie night?!" i laughed at him again, this time almost crying because of how hard i was cackling. he rolled his eyes and started laughing along with me.

"okay, okay. let's just go before i pee myself." i grabbed his arm and pulled him out to his car. i attempted to open the car door but it was still locked. "wha-?" i heard the faint sound of a car unlocking and i looked up to see grayson standing beside ethan's jeep.

"not that one tonight angel. but don't tell ethan." he winked and i walked over to him, getting in the car and shutting the door. "you goof."

---

"what song tonight?" he asked himself as he turned on the radio. all of me by john legend was playing. as we drove, grayson and i sang along. once at the chorus, grayson began screaming the lyrics.

"cause allll of me, loves allll of you! love your curves and all your edges..!" i just laughed but then remembered that it was super late, like 12am. i continued laughing but warned grayson. "baby, you're gonna get us in trouble!" but he just turned the music up and kept singing along, glancing over at me every now and then.

"you're my end and my beginning! even when i lose i'm winning! cause i give you allll of me! and you give allll of you!" we both broke into uncontrollable laughter, probably waking up several people in the process.

---

15 minutes later we pulled into the gas station and he parked. he got out and walked around to your side, opening the door and helping you out.

"alright, m' lady. shall we fetch the snacks?" he smirked and you laughed at him before patting his cheek. "oh, lord help me." you sighed and walked towards the little shop. you turned around and grayson was lagging behind. "you coming? i mean, this was your idea of course." he smiled and ran to catch up, swinging his arm and catching your hand in the process.

---

"gray, do you want the pretzels or cheezits?" you asked over the isles. "cheezits please!" he yelled back. you giggled and grabbed the cheezits. you both met up at the register, grayson holding the drinks and you with the snacks. you payed and then walked out. grayson held the bag with his left hand, clutching your hand in his right. he lifted your hand to his mouth and placed kisses along your knuckles. you blushed and looked down, smiling at the ground.

"awh, don't be like that! i wanna see that beautiful smile that made me fall in love with you." he stopped walking and spun you around to face him. he caught you, pulling you closer by your waist. he captured your lips in a chaste kiss before sprinkling several small kisses all around your face.

"i love you baby!" he yelled and you were quick to cover his mouth with your hand. "grayson! shut up!" you whisper-yelled. you pulled your hand away to grab his hand.

"i'm in love with an immature dork."

"maybe," he said as you both climbed into the car. "but this 'immature dork' is all yours." he smiled at you and you leaned across the middle console to kiss him again. you hummed into the kiss causing you both to smile. he opened his eyes and stared at you, in awe of your beauty.

"he better be."

published jan 25 2020