fragile > e.d

-possible trigger warning-

ethan's pov
i continued to draw in my notebook until i heard the bell ring, indicating that some one had walked in.

y/n and, ugh, jack.

i sighed softly and rolled my eyes, focusing back on my notebook. but i did look up to watch them walk to a booth with two other people. i continued to watch closely as jack yanked y/n down onto the spot beside him.

"let's order. what do you want baby?" he said, it sounding like a threat even though it was an innocent question.
y/n just shrugged, which made jack upset. he placed his hand on her thigh and pinched. hard.

"i asked you a question." y/n's eyes filled with tears. "i-i'll just have what your having." y/n sniffled and jack smiled. "good girl." he whispered.

"y/n are you crying?" the people across from her in the booth gave her weird looks. "um no.." she nervously chuckled. "i-i'll be right back." she quickly climbed out of the booth and rushed to the bathroom. after the door closed behind her i speed-walked over to it. i took a deep breath before opening the bathroom door.

y/n was standing at the counter wiping her running mascara from under her eyes until she saw me in the reflection of the mirror. "e-ethan? this is the girls bathroom." i nodded and walked to her. i stared into her eyes when she turned to face me. "did you see?" i nodded again and pulled her into a hug as she began to cry again.

"you know, i would treat you so much better. like the queen you are." she pulled away and wiped her eyes again, looking into mine. her own eyes never seemed to not have a sparkle in them, even if she's just cried.

"please let me take your fragile self and keep you safe. i'll never hurt you. please." i begged. she glanced at the door before looking back at me. "b-but jack-"

"you don't need to worry about him. so...what do you say?" she hesitated but slowly nodded. i sighed out loud and watched as her eyes filled with tears again. "p-please take me away with you. anywhere. i j-just want to leave." she whimpered. i wrapped her in a hug.

"then let's leave."

published feb 14 2020
i'm sorry it's short. i'll have a v-day imagine out soon <3