late nights & work days > g.d

you and grayson have been married for 4 years and have one baby girl, bailey grace dolan, who is 3 years old.
you've been super stressed out with work recently, and haven't had much time to spend with your little family. as you sit and work at your desk, grayson watches you from the bed that you share.
g: baby, come to bed. i just put bailey down. it's nearly 11.
y: i can't gray. i have to finish this.
he got up off the bed and walked over to you. he began rubbing your shoulders, massaging you to help you relax. he kissed the top of your head softly.
g: i hate to see you like this, stressed out over work all the time. just take a break, y/n. it will help you so much.
y: grayson, i'm going to get fired if i don't finish this report before friday...it's wednesday. i can't just take a break. it's not that simple.
he walked away into the bathroom to get ready for bed. when he came back into the room, he heard you crying softly. it broke his heart to see you cry.
he walked over to you, spun your chair around so you faced him, and squatted down to be at your eye level.
g: y/n. baby, what's wrong?
you rubbed your eyes sleepily.
y: i've been working nonstop for the past week, barely getting any sleep, and that's not even why i'm upset..
g: what is it babe?
y: bailey is already 3 years old and i haven't spent much time with her at all. i'm sure she doesn't even know who i am anymore.
g: baby, that's not true at all.
grayson wrapped you in a hug and held you tightly, letting you cry into his shoulder. he pulled away after you calmed down.
g: come to bed with me. please. you need sleep.
y: grayson, i-
g: no, you're sleeping tonight.
he picked you up, your arms wrapped around his neck and your legs around his torso. he placed you gently on the bed and you got underneath the covers, as you had already changed into pajamas. grayson climbed in beside you and pulled you into his chest. you cuddled yourself into him and buried your face in his neck. he rubbed your back gently, relaxing you.
g: it's not good to work yourself like this. you need rest.
y: i know. i'm sorry. i'm just really stressed out with everything.
g: it's okay baby. just go to sleep, okay? i love you.
y: i love you too gray.
you fell asleep almost instantly as grayson continued to rub your back softly.
*4 hours later* 3am
bailey started wailing. she had woken both you and grayson up. as you started to get out of bed, grayson stopped you.
g: i got this. you go back to bed.
you smiled weakly then got back under the warm covers. he picked up bailey from her bed and brought her back to your bed. grayson got in bed and laid bailey on his chest so she could go back to sleep. you cuddled into grayson's side as he wrapped his arm around your waist. you both fell back asleep.
*in the morning* 8am
you woke up for work this morning. you had one more day to get your report done, and you were determined to finish it today before you got home.
*8 hours later* 4pm
you just finished your report, and some other projects that were not as important as the report, and you could not be happier. just as you were about to leave, your boss walked into your office.
b: hey y/n. you leaving already?
y: yes ma'am. i finished my report and sent it in. i also finished a couple other projects.
b: awesome! you know, i've been thinking.
she sat down in one of the chairs in front of your desk as you continued to pack up.
b: you've been working so very hard and all of your work is deeply appreciated. you are so trustworthy and determined. you've never not completed a project that i have given you. so i thought the only way to reward you is by giving you a promotion.
you stopped what you were doing and looked up at her. she smiled brightly at you, and you tried to process what she had just told you.
y: are you serious?
b: yes. very serious! do you want to accept my offer?
y: yes! it would be an honor!
she smiled and got up from the chair.
b: great! you can move your stuff to your new office next week then!
she began to walk out but you stopped her.
y: won't i be able to move it tomorrow, since i'll be here?
b: no. you won't be here. the job only calls for you two to three days a week!
you stood there shocked as she walked out.
b: see you next week y/n!
you quickly finished packing up and excitedly drove home to tell grayson the news.
*back at home* 5pm
you walked into the house and heard small giggles and talking coming from your bedroom. you smiled to yourself as you walked up the stairs and peeked through your bedroom door to see grayson and bailey playing together. you began to tear up as you realized how much you've missed, but also how much you won't miss thanks to your promotion.
you opened the bedroom door and stood in the doorway.
b: momma!
bailey crawled off the bed and ran over to you. you picked her up and held her close.
g: you're home early! how was your day?
he kissed your forehead.
y: really good. i have something to tell you..well, two things i guess.
g: what is it?
y: well, i finished my report today!
you put bailey down and grayson attacked you with kisses.
g: baby i'm so proud of you!
y: also, i got a promotion! and i only have to go in for work 2 to 3 times a week!
g: baby, that's great! i'm beyond proud of you!
you felt bailey grab onto your leg, and when you looked down, she reached up, signaling that she wanted to be held. you picked her up and kissed her cheek.
y: i've missed you baby.
b: i missed you mommy!
she booped your nose and started giggling.
g: oh you think that's funny huh? i'll show you funny!!
grayson took bailey from your arms and tossed her on the bed (softly ofc) and began tickling her.
bailey started laughing uncontrollably. her laugh was the most adorable laugh ever.
b: mommy helpppp!!! she attempted to talk between giggles. you ran towards the bed and tackled grayson. he fell back onto the bed, you straddling his stomach.
y: bailey get him!
bailey crawled over and started tickling him. all three of you were laughing, enjoying each other's company.
after a while, all of you grew tired so you put in a disney movie and cuddled together under the blankets on your bed. grayson was on one side of you, and bailey was on the other side, leaving you in the middle. grayson had his arms wrapped around you, and your arms were around bailey. grayson leaned up and whispered:
g: i love you.
y: i love you too.
you laid there in between the best things in your life, wondering how you got so lucky.
✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
word count: 1251
this one is extra long, but i love it so much! i love the cute family imagines and i hope you do too! <3