shave ; e

"ethan, please tell me you're almost ready." i finished putting my earrings in, turning around just as he entered the bathroom.

"i am." he walked in, dressed in a button up shirt and dress pants.

"almost. the scruff...it's gotta go." i ran my fingers along his jawline, watching as his eyes dropped. he planned on growing out a beard, but i know that only a full beard looks professional. scruff just looks like you've been alone in the woods for a few days.

"but babyyyy," he complained, drawing the 'y' out, also pouting his bottom lip.

i smiled sympathetically, taking his hand in mine and pulling him to the bathroom counter.

"i wanna do it this time," i said as i climbed up on the counter with a bit of ethan's help. he sighed, looking down at the floor.

"you act like i'm gonna completely butcher your face. ethan, i shave my legs perfectly fine, i got it." i chuckled when he finally gave in, handing me the razor. i smiled big, also taking the shaving cream from ethan's hand.

i spread the foaming gel across his chin and cheeks. i grabbed the razor and began my work.

"just stay still and we'll be fine." i smiled up at his worried expression.

i finished shaving his face, wiping off the extra shaving cream. his face was baby smooth, no cuts or anything.

"see, i told you i could do it." he put on his aftershave, turning to me as i put my lipstick on.

"sorry for not believing in you." he pulled me close to him by my waist, my face now being inches from him.

"it's okay. i always knew i could do it." i winked at his reflection in the mirror. he let out his cute laugh, bringing a smile to my face.

"as much as i love the beard, a clean face is just so good on you." he kissed my cheek, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

we stared at each other's reflection in the mirror for a minute or two, just enjoying the company.

"and, as much as i love just standing here with you, we've gotta goooo!"

i walked out of the house, holding the hand of the love of my life.

published aug 6 2020
this was good at first, but the ending is so....'bleh'