escape > e.d

you and ethan were recently married, about 3 months ago. you got back from your honeymoon and decided to find a home, then relax for a while.

after the fans found out about you and ethan getting married, they got really upset and started posting mean things about you on different social medias. this really hurt you because it made you feel like you didn't do the right thing. you knew ethan loved you, and that you loved him, but you felt like he was going to leave you because of all the bad things coming from your marriage. it scared you.

one night, you were laying in your bed while ethan was showering. you began scrolling through instagram and saw so many mean things that people had said about you. this time, it really hurt you. it hurt you so bad that you started crying. ethan came out of the bathroom and saw that you were crying. he immediately ran to you. (he is dressed btw)

e: baby what's wrong?
y: they're so mean. they keep calling me a slut and a gold digger, saying i'm in it for the fame and money.
e: come here.
he wrapped you in a hug, letting you cry into his shoulder.

once you calmed down ethan pulled away and kissed your forehead.

e: y/n i'm so truly sorry this is happening to you. you definitely don't deserve this. at all.
he got up from the bed and went to his dresser. he grabbed something off of it and came back over to you.

y: what is it?
he handed you the two papers he got off his dresser. you looked at them for a minute then looked back up at him, happiness clearly on your face and in your eyes.

y: hawaii? why? we just got off our honeymoon like, 2 months ago!
e: i feel like you need an escape. WE need an escape. from everything, people, social media, fans. so let's escape.
y: how long will we be gone?
e: 2 weeks.
y: woah. when do we leave?
e: tomorrow night.
he looked at you, smiling softly.

you hugged him so tightly.
y: thank you ethan. we definitely need this.

*the next night* 6pm
you and ethan just finished packing and were getting your stuff in the car. you decided to leave early so you could have chill time before you flight, which departed at 8.

you both got in the car and started driving to the airport.

e: you excited baby?
he placed his hand on your thigh, moving his thumb back and forth ever so gently.
y: yes! i've always wanted to go to hawaii and now it's actually happening. and i'm going with my favorite person on earth!
he smiled at you and continued driving.

you finally got to the airport and went through security surprisingly quick. you decided on chick-fil-a for dinner since neither of you had eaten yet.

you found your gate and sat at the chairs close to the door and ate your food. once you finished it was 7:45.

e: the flight leaves soon! you still excited?
y: yeah. i'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any fans.
e: well, no one knows about this trip. not even my mom or grayson. and that's saying a lot, since i tell gray pretty much everything.
you both laughed.

10 minutes later, the person at the front desk called your group and you and ethan boarded the plane, hand-in-hand. you got the window seat and ethan sat beside you.

he grabbed your hand, causing you to look at him.

e: you ready for our escape?
y: with you? always.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

word count: 619
i've only been on a plane once and i loved it! hope you love this as much as i loved my plane ride lol