scared > g.d

for alex <3
*italics are flashbacks*

1½ months ago
"hi. i'm grayson." i looked up from my book to see a very handsome man looking down at me. my breath caught in my throat and right before i spoke, i cleared my throat. "oh, uh, i-i'm alex." he reached his hand out and i shook it hesitantly. "is anyone sitting here?"

present day
grayson and i have gotten super close ever since we met about two months ago. up until just about a week ago, i thought of him as only a friend, a brother even. but, now? i think i like him. but i'm so terrified to fall in love again.

i was "in love" before. well, i don't know if it was love. probably not. but i was dating a very toxic guy, and he ended up breaking my heart. ever since then i've been scared of loving anyone, really.

i was brought out of my thoughts when i heard someone knock on the door. i walked over to it and opened the door to see grayson. "hey al!" he wrapped me in a tight hug and then walked to my couch, sitting down.

"alex? i-i need to talk to you." i slowly walked over to him, sitting down close to him. "what's up?" he sighed before turning to me and grabbing my hands in his.

"alex, ever since i met you, i knew i wanted to-to be the one you loved. i want you to know that i-i love you, alex. i hope this doesn't make anything weird between us, but i just had to tell you." my breath caught in my throat, just like it did when i first met him. i stood up quickly, playing with my fingers.

"grayson, i-" he shot up off the couch too, walking over to me. "alex, i shouldn't have said that. i-i'm so sorry. i just-" he sighed deeply. "grayson. listen. i think you are just as amazing as you think i am, if not more. in fact, i like you too. but i-i'm just so scared, grayson."

i never told him about my past relationship, even though i've thought about it.

"why though? you scared i'm going to break your heart? 'cause i can promise you right now that i won't. just-just give me a chance. we can take it slow." i looked up at his almost pleading eyes, holding a heavy eye contact. "grayson, i-i don't know how." he walked over to me, taking my hands in his again. "don't know how to do what alex?" i sighed, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"love." i mumbled. "okay, then let me teach you. let's take it slow. i promise i'll be here all the way. i don't mind waiting for you alex." i looked up at him, smiling slightly. "thank you grayson." he smiled back, his eyes brightening. "of course." he pulled me in for another hug, this time he ran his hand up and down my back in a loving manner, which made me smile and blush slightly.

2 years later
"gray! i'm home!" i walked into our shared apartment, smiling softly when i saw a trail of rose petals leading down the hallway to our room.

i walked down the hallway, following the petals. i opened the bedroom door and grayson stood there, a bouquet of roses in his hands. "hi alex." my smile grew back slightly. "hi grayson." i mumbled.

he set the roses down on the bed. "those are for you by the way." he said as he walked toward me and grabbed my hands.

"alex, i honestly don't know where you stand with your feelings, but i hope you and i share the same love. just know that i am completely in love with you." my stomach flipped from excitement and overwhelming happiness.

i watched him kneel down in front of me, making me gasp. "so, alex, i have a very important question to ask you. will you marry me?" he pulled the ring box out and opened it, revealing a gorgeous diamond ring. "oh my gosh, of course!" he smiled and stood up, sliding the ring onto my finger.

"i love you grayson." he looked up at me, his eyes slightly wider from the words i just said. i've said it some times before, but not much. "i've never been so in love with anything or anyone else. i love you." he leaned in quickly, our lips mashing together perfectly.

"i love you so much baby."

published june 3 2020
hi alex!! i hope you liked it!! thank you for the request<3