mommy p3 > e.d

today marks two years of dating y/n, and mack is now almost six years old. she still doesn't fully understand what happened to her mom but that's because i haven't gone into full detail with her yet since she's still young.

today i'm proposing to her. i'm nervous yet excited. i really want to spend the rest of my life with her. mack wants the same, she always talks about y/n becoming her mom. grayson came over again to watch mackenzie so i could go propose to y/n. grayson and i made a plan that i would text him when i'm going to the place where i will propose so that mackenzie can be there.

time skip
i met up with y/n at the cafe where we first met and had lunch together. "okay, y/n, i have a place i wanna take you." she smiled and nodded. we headed to the park by the lake, which is where i'm going to propose. i texted grayson and he said he would leave shortly.

we finally reached the park and we got out, walking to the lake. "daddy! y/n!" we both turned to see mackenzie running to us. i looked up and saw grayson standing by his car and he gave me a thumbs up. "mack! hey baby!" she ran into y/n's arms making me smile. "come here princess." mackenzie walked over to me and stood by my side.

"y/n, the first day i met you, i knew i wanted you. i knew i wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, to build a bigger family with you, even if its just one more." she laughed and wiped at the tears that had fallen. "so, y/n l/n," i kneeled down and she started sobbing,"will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

y/n's pov
i watched him get down on one knee and ask the question i had been waiting for. i jumped and squealed in excitement before yelling out a "yes!" he stood up and put the beautiful ring on my finger. i quickly pulled him in for a short yet passionate kiss. "i love you ethan." i whispered. "and i love you." he whispered back. i looked down at mackenzie who was smiling up at the both of us. i squatted down to her level so i could talk to her. before i got even a single word out she hugged me tighter than ever.

"i'm excited for you to be my mommy!"

published may 8 2020
i think i am going to write one more to finish this series!!! it might be out later today or tomorrow<3