crush > e.d

ethan's pov
"bro, just go up to her and ask! you'll never know if you don't ask." grayson was attempting to hype me up so i would ask out my crush of 2½ years, y/n.

but the thing is, she's so beautiful and funny and kind and, did i mention she's beautiful? she's literally perfect and deserves more than just me.

"grayson, i- i don't know. what if she rejects me? then it's just going to be awkward between us." he stopped me and turned my body to face him. "but...what if she says yes? what if she doesn't reject you and you start dating?" i stopped and imagined what that would be like, smiling as i did so.

"okay ethan. you gotta do this now. the bell's gonna ring in..." he checked his phone. "...t-minus 2 minutes. she's just right there. now go." i took a deep breath and walked across the hall to where she was standing.

"um.." i cleared my throat. "h-hey
y/n." she looked away from the conversation she was having with her friend and stared into my eyes. "hey ethan. what's up?" oh my gosh, she knows my name. i cleared my throat again and almost lost myself in her eyes.

"um, i just wanted to know..if you would like to go out with me, on a date, sometime?" she smiled at me which gave me hope. "of course ethan. here.." she took out a piece of paper and wrote something down on it. "here's my number. text me so we can plan the date." then the ball rang. "oh, uh i gotta go ethan. bye!" she kissed my cheek before running away. i turned around and grayson was smiling so big.

"aha! i told you! yes!" he high-fived me. "i cannot believe that just happened. i'm going out, with y/n l/n. holy-"

"boys!" we both looked up to see a teacher at the end of the hallway. "get to class! now!" grayson and i ran to our next class, and all throughout mine, i couldn't stop thinking about
y/n.

--3 days later--

oh my gosh. i'm going on a date with
y/n today. what the heck? i sped out of bed and hopped in the shower.

y/n and i planned to go to lunch. i was picking her up at 11:30 at her house that is 20 minutes away. it's 10:40 right now. i have 30 minutes.

i got out of the shower and got dressed. we agreed to dress casually, so i put on a tshirt, jeans, and my air forces. i was ready to go at 11:00. so i got in my car and drove to the store first, to get her some flowers. hopefully she isn't allergic..

y/n's pov
"mom have you seen my air forces? they're not in my closet! i need them 'cause ethan's gonna be here in like 10 minutes!" i huffed as i walked downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen.

"have you seen my air forces?" she looked around the room before nodding her head towards the living room. "those?" i looked where she was looking and saw them. "yes! thank you." i put them on and ran back upstairs to get my phone and purse.

i decided on wearing a green-ish sweater with ripped jeans, since ethan and i agreed to dress casually.

no longer than 7 minutes later i heard the doorbell ring. i ran downstairs and opened the door. there he is. awe he got me flowers.

"hi y/n. you look...gorgeous. you ready?" i blushed. "thank you. and i'll take these. mom, you put these in a vase for me?" she took them from me and smiled at ethan. "you two have fun okay?"

"yes ma'am. thank you for letting me take your daughter out. she's a beauty." he winked at me and smiled at my mom, who smiled back. "bye mom! love you." she blew me a kiss and i shut the door.

"so, y/n. have you ever been to the sunrise cafe?" i shook my head. he confidently snatched my hand, intertwining our fingers. "well it's a very nice and simple place, but the food is amazing. sound good?" i blushed at his action and looked at him.

"sounds perfect."

published jan 28 2020