asthma > g.d

grayson's pov
"good morning princess." my 6 year old daughter olivia walked into the bedroom where i was getting ready for the day. "how'd you sleep? good?" she nodded and leaned into my side sleepily. i looked down at her and smiled. i slipped my t-shirt on and squatted down to her level.

"where's mommy?" she rubbed her eyes, trying to get the sleep out. "she's downstairs. i'm gonna fix breakfast. you hungry?" she nodded and reached her arms up, so i lifted her off the ground and carried her downstairs.

"hey liv!" y/n said from the couch. olivia looked down and smiled. i placed her on the ground and walked into the kitchen to fix breakfast. "are pancakes okay babe?" y/n looked over to me for a split second and nodded. "liv?" she looked to me. "pancakes?" she nodded too.

i made breakfast, carried all three plates into the dining room, and set them on the table. "breakfast's ready!" i yelled back to the girls. they both came in, olivia running ahead of her mom.

"smells good babe." y/n leaned into my side and i kissed her head.

"daddy! sit here!" liv patted the seat next to her so i sat down there. we all started eating.

"did you get her milk?" i shook my head and y/n and i got up at the same time. "i'll get it," we said at the same time. we raced to the kitchen, both of us laughing. i reached the fridge before her and filled up olivia's cup. as we turned back into the dining room, olivia was gasping and holding her throat. y/n ran over to her to comfort her during her asthma attack.

"go get her inhaler!" i set her cup on the table and ran to her bag where he inhaler was. i rushed back into the dining room where y/n was struggling to calm her down.

y/n's pov

"deep breaths baby. breathe in, breathe out. you got it baby." grayson came back, inhaler in hand. he ran over to liv and held it up to her mouth, allowing her to take fast, shallow breaths.

"princess, you need to breathe, slow and deep, okay?" by this time, my eyes started watering. we haven't had many asthma attacks with olivia, but this one was the worst so far. she couldn't seem to catch her breath.

"liv, please." she still couldn't catch her breath. "baby, go call the ambulance, we- she's not breathing too well." grayson got up and bent over to pick up liv. "w-what are you doing?" he rushed to the door, and i followed behind. "we gotta go now. we don't have time to wait."

we got in the car, grayson was driving and i sat in the back with olivia, using the wacked-up inhaler and trying to calm her down.

we soon reached the hospital and grayson grabbed her from her seat and all three of us rushed to the front desk.

grayson's pov

"m-my daughter...s-she can't breathe well. a, uh, asthma attack, except it was worse than usual." the nurse called for some doctors and they were quick to get us to a room. they had an oxygen mask to try and get as much air to her lungs.

the second we got to a room, the hooked her up to different things that i didn't even know.

time skip

olivia and y/n had fallen asleep but i stayed up to make sure nothing else went wrong. soon, a nurse came back in the room. "uh, mr. dolan? i would like to speak to you." we stepped outside the room.

"your daughter, olivia dolan, did have a very severe asthma attack and us doctors decided that if you didn't bring her in when you did, even just a couple minutes later, she could've died. we'll have medicine for her attacks to your room as soon as possible." i breathed in deeply, rubbing my forehead with my fingers.

the door to the room opened and y/n stepped out. "what's going on?" i turned back to the nurse. "i'll talk to her. uh, thank you." we walked back in the room and sat on the couch.

"she said if we had brought her in even just a couple minutes later, she could've died. she also said that she'll have medicine for her attacks sent to the room soon." y/n nodded, her eyes filling with tears. "baby, she's okay now." she turned to look up at me. "but, i hate to see her struggle like that. it b-breaks my heart." i sighed and pulled her in. "it breaks mine too. but we have to be strong for her. she-"

"mommy? where are we?" y/n and i both rushed over to her bed as she sat up slightly. "princess you had an asthma attack. we're at the doctor so we can make you better, okay?" she nodded. "am i going to die?" my eyes widened at her sudden question. "oh liv, no! you're going to be okay. i promise." she nodded again.

time skip

it was finally time to leave. they kept us overnight, just to track her breathing, but eventually sent us home with medicines for her attacks.

later that night, olivia came downstairs after brushing her teeth. "i'm ready for bed." she mumbled. i got up off the couch, y/n following suit.

we walked into liv's room and tucked her in. y/n said goodnight first but i stayed in a little longer.

i sat down on her bed and brushed her hair back with my hand. "you were so strong today princess. daddy's proud of you." she smiled and grabbed my other hand, holding onto it. "i love you daddy." she whispered before placing a kiss on my hand and turning over to go to sleep.

"i love you too princess."

published apr 30 2020
i had no clue how to end this lol hope u enjoyyy