city of love > g.d

grayson's pov
i reached my arms out, hoping to grab onto my girlfriend y/n, but was woken up when i felt nothing but a pillow. i rubbed my eyes and sat up, glancing around the room. y/n was no where to be found.

i got out of bed and walked into the living room of our hotel room. i heard soft music playing throughout the room. i smiled softly as my eyes finally landed on y/n, her back to me as she stood out on the balcony, which looked right at the eiffel tower.

i walked out to where she was standing, wrapping my arms around her waist. she immediately leaned back into my chest, her soft hair brushing against my chin.

"still can't believe you actually brought me here." she mumbled. i smiled and kissed her head. "this view is amazing grayson." she turned around in my arms, pulling me in by my neck for a sweet kiss.

"i made a reservation for dinner tonight." i said just above a whisper. she smiled, kissing me again.

her lips were so soft, every kiss almost felt like it wasn't even happening. everytime she pulled away, no matter how soft and gentle the kiss was, her lips were tinted a light shade of red.

"you mean so much to me y/n. i hope you know that." she nodded, smiling. i intertwined our fingers, letting our hands drop beside her hips. i pushed her against the railing of the balcony, smiling as i leaned in for another, long-lasting kiss.

______________

"ready baby?" i walked into the bathroom. i leaned against the doorway, watching as she finished her makeup. she nodded, looking at me in the mirror.

she turned around and walked toward me, her gorgeous body swaying ever so slightly.

"you look perfect angel." she blushed, grabbing my hand. "you look amazing too gray."

we walked out of the hotel building, getting in the rental black BMW, and drove to the french restaurant.

"grayson, this menu just looks expensive." she hadn't even opened it, making me chuckle. "just figure out what you want. i'll buy whatever." she rolled her eyes, slowly opening the menu as she sipped her water.

after a minute of silence she gasped, making me look up instantly. "$24 for a salad?!" she whisper-yelled, leaning toward me across the table. i nodded, shrugging. "i told you. get whatever you want, i don't care."

_____________

after we ate, we got back in the car.

"thank you so much grayson. that was amazing." she leaned across the middle compartment, her soft lips attaching themselves to mine.

"anything for my princess." i pulled out of the parking lot, driving away from the restaurant. "just one more stop, then we'll head back to the hotel, okay?" she nodded. i set my hand on her thigh, rubbing my thumb across the smooth skin.

i parked near the eiffel tower; we only had to walk a block or two. i snatched her hand in mine, leading her over in front of the lit-up monument.

"oh my god. it's so pretty." i looked over at her as she stared up at the twinkling lights, which reflected in her eyes. "have you ever seen something so gorgeous?" i smiled, pulling her closer to me.

"actually, i have."

she looked up at me, bringing her hand up to caress my cheek.

"y/n, since this is the city of love, i decided this is the best place to do this." i knelt down before her, pulling the velvet box out of my pocket and opened it. she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"you are the love of my life, there is no one else for me. i've never been in love with anyone or anything like this before, which is why it's so easy to ask you this: y/n m/n l/n. will you marry me?"

tears streamed down her cheeks as she excitedly nodded. i hadn't noticed the small group that had formed around us until i stood up to slide the ring on her finger.

"mi amor." i whispered, pulling her lips to mine. the sound of applause erupted around us and we both smiled into the kiss.

"mi amor." she whispered back.

published june 12 2020
IF MY HUSBAND PROPOSES IN PARIS-