here for you > g.d

**POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING**
this story includes abuse (physical & verbal) read at your own risk

y/n's pov
"dad s-stop!" he continued to smash things while yelling at me. i felt my eyes start to water, afraid of what he might do, or simply even say.

"oh so you wanna cry now?! what are you, a baby?! i raised you better than this you sl*t!" i struggled to hold back my sobs as i turned and ran to my bedroom. "you better run! come back down here and you'll get it y/n!" i locked my door and put a chair in front of it, not allowing the door handle to move in case he tried to get in.

when my mom passed away, my dad struggled more than any of us. my older brother moved out when our dad first started his drinking and abusing state. he didn't even ask if i wanted to go. he didn't bother to take me. i've lived with an abusive dad for almost three years now. honestly, i'm surprised i'm not dead yet. he threatens to kill me constantly, but he never does.

the way my dad attempted to cope was to drink and do drugs. as you can tell, that did not work.

i plopped down on my bed, quiet sobs now coming from me. i grabbed my phone off my desk and called the one person i can trust anymore. my boyfriend, grayson.

grayson doesn't know about my home life. we've been dating for almost a year, but i still haven't fully opened up to him. he knows that my dad is an alcoholic, but he doesn't know that he abuses me. everytime i hang out with him, i make sure i cover up any bruises and marks with makeup.

after a couple rings, he finally answered. "hello?" my breathing was shaky and tears kept falling. "u-um, g-grayson?" i choked back a sob. "baby? what's wrong?" i looked at my door and cupped my mouth, trying to stay quiet so my dad didn't know what i was doing. "i-i need you to come get me. please. quickly."

"baby, what's going on? are you okay?" i sighed before whispering "no". "w-what's wrong?" i let out a shaky breath before explaining my situation. "oh my god. y/n. why didn't you tell me this before?" i wiped my tears away as they stopped falling. "i just...didn't know how, i guess. but gray, please come fast. i need you."

"okay, okay. i'll be there in 15. please stay safe. i can't lose you." i nodded. "okay. thank you." i hung up and rushed around my room to pack a bag to take with me. i figured i'd be staying at grayson's for who knows how long, so i needed to be prepared.

15 minutes later

i watched out my bedroom window as grayson pulled up, his headlights off so that my dad didn't see him. that smart kid. i bet by this time my dad is passed out on the couch, though.

my phone immediately vibrated in my hand and i looked down to see a text from grayson. 'i'm here' it read. i texted him back telling him i was coming out the window just to be safe, so i don't get caught.

i tossed my bag out the window before climbing out, picking it up, and running to his car. i threw my bag in the backseat before buckling up. "go." i mumbled, looking out the window towards my house. i felt tears start to fall again and i wiped them away, sniffling.

grayson grabbed my hand, making me look to him. "this is for the best, right? you'll be okay." i nodded. he brought my hand to his mouth and kissed my knuckles, making me smile softly.

soon we reached his home and he got my bag before snatching my hand in his and walking to his house.

we walked up to his room and put my stuff away in a spare drawer his has. it has some clothes i left here in case i wanted to spend the night without being prepared. pretty cute.

i sat on the bed, staring at my feet, thinking about my dad. "hey," he whispered as he sat next to me. "you'll be okay. he won't find you here." i looked up at him.

"i-it's not that i'm scared of him." he looked confused, so i continued. "don't get me wrong, i-i'm terrified of him. but, he's still my dad. without him, i wouldn't even be here. it's hard to hate him honestly. i don't like him, but i still love him. that probably doesn't make sense bu-" he kissed my lips softly, shocking me. but i kissed back.

"it does make sense. i understand. but i promise you, whether you're scared of him or not, he'll never hurt you again." i looked down at our hands, so close they were touching. i lifted my pinkie in front of my face. "pinkie promise?" i giggled.

a pinkie promise is something grayson and i started when we first started dating. he promised he wouldn't hurt me after i explained my previous toxic relationships, and i made him pinkie promise. ever since then, it's been our thing.

"pinkie promise."

published may 12 2020
i honestly don't know what this is but i hope u liked it? :/