cliff jumping > e.d

"e, i-i don't know. its so high." i said as i peeked over the cliff's edge, staring at the water below. i stepped back and turned to face him. he grabbed my hand and pulled me close. "i'll be holding your hand the whole time, i promise." i smiled, still scared out of my mind.

"you ready?" i shook my head quickly. "babe, we gotta jump. this is why i brought you here." he looked at me with pleasing eyes. "pwease." he whispered. he always did this to get his way. he would act all cute and it was irresistible. i groaned softly.

"fine. but if i die, i'm going to come back and haunt you." he chuckled. "you're not gonna die. i'll be with you all the way down."

"on three. 1. 2...3!" ethan and i jumped and i screamed all the way down.

we hit the water safely and i came back up and searched for ethan. "ethan?!" i screamed and suddenly i felt something hit my foot, so i screamed again. ethan came out of the water, laughing his butt off. "ethan grant!" his laughter quickly died. he knew that when i used his middle name he was in trouble, which literally makes me sound like his mom rather than his girlfriend.

"you scared me to death!" he grabbed my hips and pulled me into him, kissing me passionately while doing so. "i'm sorry baby. will you forgive me? pwease?" he made a pouty face, making me smile. i pecked his lips quickly. "of course." i whispered.

i wrapped my legs around his waist and we just floated in the water, staring into each other's eyes.

"thank you for bringing me here. this date was lovely." he smiled. i leaned in and kissed his cheek. "um, i think you missed." i chuckled softly. "oh did i?" he nodded, smiling, as he pulled me in for another, deep and passionate kiss.

published feb 27 2020