cuddly > g.d

grayson's pov

suddenly i began to stir in my sleep, slowly waking up beside the love of my life, y/n. she had her back to me, facing the window of my bedroom. i sat up on my arm, leaning towards her. i began to place soft kisses along her shoulder, to her jaw, and up her cheek. she started to squirm a little bit, telling me she was waking up.

"y/n. you awake?" she groaned softly before opening her eyes, just to shut them again to adjust to the light coming in through the halfway closed blinds.

eventually she turned her body to face mine and cuddled into my side.

"you cold?" she nodded. "come here." i pulled her on top of me, her head resting on my chest, our legs tangled together. i covered us both up again, holding the warmth radiating from our bodies captive.

we sat in silence for a while before she began to move around again. i opened my eyes from resting them to look down at her. and just at the same time, she leaned her head up to look at me. she smiled softly, her chin resting upon my covered chest. i kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes, soaking up the feeling of my lips on her. when i pulled away she whimpered softly and i chuckled.

"how'd you sleep?" i questioned the sleepy girl lying on top of me. "mmm. good. you?" at this point, she laid her head back down.

"good. would've been better if we had slept like this." i smirked at her when we made eye contact once again. "yeah..and then wake up with cramps in our legs and backs. sounds so nice." she smiled before kissing me softly, keeping that sweet smile on her lips as she did so.

she pulled away then tried to get up, but i only held her tighter around her waist, pinning her to my body. "babe," she said laughing. "i wanna get up. i gotta pee!" it was only then that i let go. i watched her intently as she crawled out of bed and walked towards the bathroom.

she was only wearing my tshirt, which came down to her mid thigh, with nothing but underwear underneath. freaking hot. i thought as she closed the bathroom door after winking at me.

y/n's pov

i walked into the bathroom and did my business and washed my hands. i looked at myself in the mirror, scanning my body that was completely covered by my beloved boyfriend's tshirt that i adored. i leaned down to wash my face with water and my face wash, then brushed my teeth. i opened the bathroom door and noticed that grayson was still in bed, laying on his side so he could watch me. i chuckled softly and walked over to him.

i stood beside the bed where he was laying. without moving anything but his arms he wrapped them around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"are you gonna get back in bed?" he asked, staring into my eyes. i started playing with his hair. it's a thing he's always loved.

"is that what our day holds? staying in bed to..what? cuddle?" he nodded and smiled. i smiled back as i pushed him over so i could straddle his waist. he immediately wrapped his arms around my own waist, staring at me. i studied his features, from his messy hair to his chiseled jaw. "sounds good to me," i whispered.

"i love you." he smiled softly before sitting up, keeping me in his lap. he kissed my slowly before repeating the words back to me.

i yawned and snuggled into his chest, his chin resting upon my head.

"you tired again?" he chuckled. "yeah. can we lay back down?" i listened intently to his heartbeat, which i could hear clearly.

"mhm." he laid down and was about to flip to his side to cuddle with me, but i stopped him.

"i wanna lay on top," i made puppy dog eyes. "pwease." i cupped my hands together and pushed my bottom lip out, making a complete frowning face. he sighed before pulling me back on top of him.

"yay...mmm." i cuddled into his chest, my head resting on the place where i could hear his heartbeat.

"good night baby girl."

published january 13 2020