stomachache > g.d

grayson's pov
i woke up to the sound of loud cries ringing through my ears. i rubbed my eyes and watched as y/n got up out of bed and was about to walk out of the room to check on our 5-year-old daughter, emma.

"babe, i got it. you go back to bed, okay?" i stood up and walked to her as she stood still, rubbing her tired eyes. i kissed her head and walked to emma's bedroom, still hearing her sobs.

she was laying on her side, her back to the door. i sat down on her 'big girl bed' as she called it. i set my hand down on her arm, rubbing up and down.

"what's wrong angel?" she flipped over and continued to cry. "my tummy h-hurts." she whispered between sobs and hiccups. my hand made its way to her hair, running my fingers through it in an attempt to calm her down. she kept crying.

"babydoll, it'll be okay." i then remembered that my mom used to give ethan and i peppermints when our stomach would hurt. (a/n peppermints do actually help btw)

"come here." i picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder, still crying but not as much. i carried her downstairs to the kitchen and set her on the counter. i looked for the small container of peppermints that we have in a cabinet.

i found it and gave emma one of them. she ate it, sniffling and rubbing her eyes. i stood in front of her, my hands placed beside her legs. she looked up at me, her eyes still teary. she reached her arms up and i picked her up off the counter.

"ready to go back to your room?" she nodded against my shoulder and i smiled softly.

i set her down in her bed and kissed her head. "you okay princess?" she shrugged her shoulders and sniffled some more. i sighed quietly and ran my fingers through her hair. "try to get some sleep okay angel?" she nodded. i stood up straight and was about to walk out.

"daddy?" i turned around to face her. "yeah?" she sniffled. "can you lay in here with me please?" i smiled and walked over to her. she moved over in her twin sized bed, making just a little bit of room for me. i lied down and pulled her in my chest. i played with her hair which always calmed her down.

shortly after i heard a yawn come from her. "good night daddy." she whispered as she snuggled further into me.

"good night baby." with that we both drifted off to sleep.

published april 3 2020
i absolutely adore the idea of the twins as dads. it's so cute :)