birthday > g.d

for haylie <3

grayson's pov
i watched as haylie started slowly stirring in her sleep, tiny noises escaping her lips.

"good morning baby." i whispered, hoping that would wake her up. her eyes fluttered open slowly and the shut again. i assumed she was getting used to the morning light.

she groaned quietly, turning over on her side so that her face was near my chest. i chuckled softly, moving my hand down to her waist, playing with the hem of her shorts.

"princess, it's time to get up. today's a special day, love." she groaned again as i swiped a piece of hair behind her ear. her eyes opened again, this time staying open. she yawned and looked up, her tired gaze meeting mine.

"hi baby. guess what today is?" she rubbed the sleep out of her still heavy eyes. "it's your birthday!" i mumbled, placing a kiss on her head.

"i gotchu some stuff, so i would like you to get up, birthday girl." she stretched, yawning again as she did so. she sat up on her forearms and looked over at me.

~~~~~~

"you know you didn't have to get me anything," she said as we walked into the living room. her head was rested on my shoulder as her hands wrapped around my bicep. "i know, but i love to spoil my baby!" i said, drawing out the 'y'. she giggled and we finally reached the room.

"okay, here's this one first." i handed her a poorly wrapped box, which made her laugh. "don't judge, it's the thought that counts." she nodded, her eyebrows raised as she opened the gift.

"oh my- grayson!" she pulled out the new pair of Vans she'd been talking about constantly. she quickly ran over to me, giving me a hug. "thank you so much." she whispered into my shoulder. i smiled and handed her the second gift.

she sat down on the couch to open it. she gasped and looked up at me, smiling. "did you actually-?" i nodded as she pulled out the longboard she wanted. "grayyyy!"

"you can practice on our way to our picnic." she looked up at me, confused. "last gift." i handed her a rectangular box, not wrapped this time.

she opened it and gasped again, covering her mouth. "grayson bailey!" she pulled out a Kendra Scott necklace and held it up; it shimmered in the light.

~~~~~~

"ready to go baby?" i walked into the bathroom as she was struggling to put the necklace on. "yeah, can you help me?"

she was wearing jean shorts, one of my t-shirts tucked into them, and the new shoes i got her. "you look so cute princess." i told her as i put the necklace on her. she turned around, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"thank you so much grayson. it means so much to me, you mean so much to me."

"my beautiful birthday girl, i love you so much."

published june 6 2020
i hope you liked it haylie<3 love uuu
~~~~~~
this is extra but i really wanna tell basically everyone, i'm gonna order a longboardddd hehehe i'm so excited<3